The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got both! 4y/o alpine, 5 y/o nubian, and a yearling alpine. I have a picture of the nubian, the other 2 were feeling to punchy to have their picture taken. I really like their sweet temperment. And Divinity is very pleased to have some of her former herdmates re-join her.

Here is a picture of Arabella

Attachments

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
smart move!! this way no buyer's remorse for not picking the other one. although, you couldn't go wrong with either!

she's so cute! can't wait to see pics of your other girls!

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
She's beautiful! Wow her udder looks like it will be fun to milk! Of course, that would be the first thing I see! Lol, don't mind me, I'm crazy... ;)

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Congrats! She is a very pretty gal! Where did you get them from? Your bringing them to Sunny Sisters? I'd love to see them in person! :D

·
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
She's beautiful! Wow her udder looks like it will be fun to milk! Of course, that would be the first thing I see! Lol, don't mind me, I'm crazy... ;)
She is awesome to milk. These are my first full size girls. When got my hands on her to milk I just melted. I will get some udder pictures in the morning.

·
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I love the smirk on her face. I have one who does the same thing when she peeks out at me over the stall door.:rolleyes:
She always seems to have a smile on her face. I will say it is funny having that big grin looking at you over the stalls. All she wants is a smooch.

·
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats! She is a very pretty gal! Where did you get them from? Your bringing them to Sunny Sisters? I'd love to see them in person! :D
I want too. I have to get another health certificate on them so I can take them. I got them from a farm in VT wanting to cut her herd to 2 milkers. She no longer has an outlet to sell her milk, and took a full time job outside of her farm.

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
i'm just teasing. :)
I know, but I DO love Alpines, just dairy goats in general :)
In this exact order are my faves if I have to list them that way, but really 2, 3 and 4 are tied.

1. Alpine
2. Oberhasli
3. Saanen
4. Toggenburg
5. Nubian
6. LaMancha

and then I suppose Nigerian Dwarf has to fit in there somewhere, but they were not always a "dairy breed", and ADGA was not too thrilled to have them in their registery because they are not a true dairy breed........

1 - 20 of 58 Posts