Finals

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by kelebek, May 14, 2009.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Well, my Spring semester is over for me, finals are completed, and now I get a whole whoppin 5 days off until Summer session begins for me...... I can't believe how excited I am to have 1 whole weekend off with NO homework! AGHHHH! :leap:

Anyway - just wanted to let you all know what was going on!!!

2. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    :stars: Good for you Allison....your deserve some free time....do something fun! :stars: My son graduated yesterday with his bacholers (sp?) and is taking a break before starting on his masters.....he is in the Air Force and a family guy with new baby. I soooo admire those of you with families, jobs, little kids.... that still find time for schooling and going for your goals! I was lucky to manage graduating highschool!

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    great work Allison! :stars:

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Thanks - I am now considered a "senior" in college and will have my bachelors next spring. I am doing an Interdisciplinary in Social Science (Social Work, Sociology, and Psychology) with a Chemical Dependency Counseling endorsement, and 2 technical certificates in Administration. I work full time at a college, take almost a double load of upper division classes, have a family, and run the ranch all on my own - aghhhhh

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    congrats..... :leap: ...what an achievement..............you should be very proud of yourself..............and now it is time to relax.... :hug:

6. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Allison.....you are one super duper tough gal :thumb: !.....I'm not employed, live on a mini farm and find it difficult to manage 2 dogs, 2 cats, 8 hens, 1 rooster and 4 goats......oh, and a husband! I sometimes think about going back to school, I would love to go back to become a vet tech. I started my family at a young age and once I started having kids, school went out the window! I did work for several years for the school district, working with special needs children and I loved it! I have no regrets, but wish I had done more in making a career for myself......I really admire your determination!

7. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    nice! that's great to have some time off!!

My finals are next week...ACK!

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Great job! Now get some REST and RELAXATION before staring it all over again! Maybe a few :cheers: will be of help as well! :ROFL:

9. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    I just got 5 days off and it was wonderful. Now our season is starten to hope. And also we got to pick up our 5 new babies then our new llamas and then the new boer goat that we are getting for the cart and then and then and then....

Enjoy your time off because it is to short :hair:

10. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Congrats on finishing another year! My son just finished his Freshman year at college and a couple of the finals were unbelievably hard. They had one class of over 200 students and after 2 1/2 hours when the Prof said they were done.... only 12 students had finished the test! :GAAH:

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Yah, i am pretty pleased so far with my grades - considering.

If you all remember, I came down with SHingles about 1 1/2 months into this semester, where I pretty much gave up and what not - but so far 2 - B+ grades, 2 B grades, and a S (satisfactory - only give a satifactory or fail) for my Internship. So I am waiting on 2 more grades.

My next class starts Monday, so I am going to go ahead and start reading that book this weekend.

12. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    You are doing a great job....Allison....keep up the good work...... :wink: :thumbup: :hug: :leap: