The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went and looked at a mini lamancha today...branching beyond nigerians to mini-dairy for more milk. I really liked her pic, but was a little concerned about what looked like a potential steep rump ...as you can see in the pic below. Upon personal inspection she is perfect...nice level topline, straight legs, mom has good udder attachments and medial, etc. Only thing is the owners don't test CAE/CL. BUT...after meeting us they've agreed to let us pay for the tests. and will hold her pending results. She's a really nice doe...so fingers crossed on the test results. We're working on names....liking daisy, penny, phoebe.... (her current name is naomi and we already have a naomi goat.)

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Daphne is cute too, or chloe, norah, sarah, holly...I have the hardest time choosing names, lol. Hoping I can find a mini-mancha stud in or near Indiana to breed her to for F2 minis....otherwise she'll have to be bred back to my nigi buck.

Also...her mini alpine half brother is still in with them. The owners didn't know nigerians can breed at 8 weeks, so I'm hoping she is not bred. I've heard mini-manchas tend to cycle like full grown ones and wouldn't be likely to be in heat right now and although I saw him discovering himself while we were there, he didn't look like he was able to unsheath. They pulled him right away. I guess I'll have blood drawn for that test too...though I hate to lute the little ones, better than carrying a kid if need be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts