The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Love it! Looks great! Want to come build me one or two now?? ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks.....I started out with just the right side, was able to get my hands on some old private fence panels and strip the boards of em. Unfortunately had to go out and buy new boards to finish the rest of the barn. Planned on waiting for some more reclaimed boards but with winter and hunting season just around the corner couldn't wait no mo!!! Next projects gonna be electric fence. Then buck pen.

·
730 Posts
AWESOME!! I LOVE "THE RUSTIC LOOK!"
Share some pics of the inside! Ive got to build a barn also before winter, but its been wayyyy too hot here to do anything outside lately. Hoping for cooler weather super soon!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here are some interior pics. Nothing too fancy just an 8'x8' stall on both right and left side. Center loafing area is 10'x 16' with hay loft and feeder in front and just hay loft in back can store about 6 bails max. Prob gonna build a wire rack hay feeder above grain feeder in front. Installed a PVC free choice mineral feeder just after taking pics tonight.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am in soth Louisiana we have to worry more about keeping plenty of ventilation rather than warmth. That's why I left the front and back so open. The goats can also come and go as they please and seek shelter from the rain by going into the stalls. I may close one side off with fence and gate for kidding pen,or to lock up my one doe that likes to lay out in the rain.

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Looks really nice! I like it a lot :)

Lol! My goats freak in the rain!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts