Fionn is HERE - photos!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by lesserweevil, Apr 7, 2009.

1. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    :cool: I'm SOOO excited! I've had his pen ready for WEEKS... and dad told me this morning that he is going to need to go down to Cork (3 hours away) for work later this week! AND he is willing to hitch the trailer on the back and pick up Fionn after his day's work :cool:

Friday is the day... hopefully... unless it gets called off due to something unexpected with my dad's work. Which could very easily happen. Other than that, FIONN COMES!!!

I thoroughly limed his pen today - like, THOROUGHLY - and filled in the holes the chickens had made in the ground (it's a packed mud floor, so hopefully my mud filling works, ROFL)

If Demi has a boy baby and I manage to wangle keeping him as a wether companion for Fionn, would be cool, but we'll see. In the meantime... I gonna love on him for the whole 3 weeks that I'm here! Whoopeeeeeee

LW

2. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Re: Fionn is coming ! ! !

Sounds like fun for you. :thumb: thats great heres hopin it works. :pray:

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: Fionn is coming ! ! !

that is super.....that will make you very happy.... :wink: :greengrin:

4. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Re: Fionn is coming TODAY!

Dad is picking up Fionn today! He has taken the trailer and his collar... and the guy's phone number. Now I'm hoping nothing goes wrong and that Fionn actually gets to come. And of course I will post TONS of pictures when he arrives!

LW

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

That is great. We better have pictures.

6. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

:cool: Oh boy, oh boy, wonderful! :thumb:

7. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007

The eagle has landed, according to dad! In other words... Fionn is in the trailer, and on his way home! 3 hours to wait... aaargh agony *dies*

Dad says he's only wittle. But then - he's only a year old this month - or was it May 08 he was born? I can't remember. So i don't suppose he should be that big. Isa was only wittle too...

my friend says as soon as he sees the females he'll grow 6 inches and turn into a pleb :ROFL:

LW

8. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

LOL@!!

that's prop true.. my bucks seemed to sprout when they met my girlies

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

10. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fionn is here!

Well Fionn has arrived. As dad said on the phone, he is fairly little. He's a bit smaller than Isa, and he's very thin. I'm assuming because he was in rut?

He is the cutest little boy though - he has curls like Joe Dirt! Although, not as big yet =]

I tried to set him up but he wasn't really having any of it and mum and dad didn't know to hold his collar high enough either - they said it would hurt him. I said it wouldnt... but oh well.

Here is Fionn's gorgeous little face:
    [​IMG]

TRYING to set him up with Dad holding him...
    [​IMG]

and him running away (or trying to) with mum holding him...
    [​IMG]

How much should I feed him? Seán said he didn't know how much he was getting as he was getting it along with his two brothers.

LW

11. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Oh how cute!! Congrats on the new additionand I hope he gives you many new little girls!! :shades:

12. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    OMG! *dies of cuteness*

I LOVE THE CURLS! What breed is he again?

13. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I love his face! He's quite the looker. Congrats!

14. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    He is a l9ittle thin but look in those eyes and he is going to gie you the run for your money. He is so cute!!!!

15. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    he is Saanen but he is only a year old so I'm assuming he just hasn't had his growth spurt yet =]

gotta love his face though!!!

LW

16. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    He is soooooo cute :love: :love: He looks like a :angel2:

17. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Oh, he's a cutie!

18. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Love the face!

He does look a little small, a little thin and the hair suggests he might need a good de-worming.

But I think the main thing is a little love and a bit more food. And once he goes out of rut that will probably help too.

According to Dr Hungerford a buck needs to be fed the same amount of concentrates as a 4.5L (1 gallon) milker. And of course hay browse or pasture (not alfalfa/lucerne but I dont think you have that anyway, right?).

19. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Right. I'm gonna feed him the same as I feed Demi at the moment. I am not going to worm him directly, I want him to have a few days to settle in before I either worm or bath him. When I bought my first goat, Willow, I made the mistake of entirely changing her grain ration + worming her on the first day, and she got a very bad stomach upset and almost died. So everything is going to be gradual for Fionn.

Email from the buck's breeder:
    Glad your Dad and the male got home safely.
    The male's official name is Bawnowlaig Dubhcianan, HB 075162D.
    Sire §196/249Timyon Jennisam S007943D Imported
    Dam: Bawnowlaig Dunfhlaith HB 073655D
    Dunfhlaith was milk recorded this last year. I will forward her results later when i find them.
    He should grow well this year. They all grow at different rates and to different sizes.
    LW

20. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Congrats on Fionn finally being there! :cool: His do is too cool. He's going to fit right in-he got the perfect caretaker! :shades: