Fire next door!

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Dreamchaser, May 16, 2009.

1. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I had to call the fire department last night. Our neighbor's wellhouse/shed caught fire last night. It sits right under our pine trees on the edge of our property, and our house sits closest to that property line as well. It was really scary! One of those pine trees, the closet to the shed is dying and has several dead branches up in the tree out of reach. If one ember or flame hit that tree, we could have lost our house as well.

We smelled a lot of smoke, but at first thought nothing if it, since they use burn barrels to burn slash and trash. It sits in such a way that the smoke blows right into our house. I had forgotten to check for eggs last night, so I went into the chicken house to gather the eggs. I looked toward the burn barrels, but there was no smoke coming from them.

I started to get scared, because it almost looked like the smoke was coming from my flower garden. So I ran to the side yard and saw the smoke billowing from their shed! I called the fire department, but they took forever to come it seemed. Especially since they are not far away.

*wipes sweat off brow* It took forever to get the smoke smell out of our house though.

They have no water, and the insurance will not be out until Monday or Tuesday to even look at it to even get there electricity fixed!

2. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    How scary!!! Is everyone OK?

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wow......you did a good thing ......and saved alot of destruction/lives.......glad... not much was destroyed..... it could of ended up... really bad ....if you hadn't of called the fire dept........great job..... :hug: :thumbup:

4. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    [​IMG]

This was taken from my front door so you can see how close it is.

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that is.... really close.. :shocked: ...you sure saved the day ......that is for sure... :hug: :wink: