The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
We had fires close to us and the ones in Canada, we had the smoke to deal with though. Everyone seems okay though I hope those that were closer/ in range of the fires are alright!

·
Registered
927 Posts
We FINALLY have been getting some rain up here in NW Minnesota . Hopefully there won't be any more fires . I'm not close to any happening now! I'm not sure where @AndersonRanch is located, are there big fires again? I don't watch the news much!

·
Registered
718 Posts
We FINALLY have been getting some rain up here in NW Minnesota . Hopefully there won't be any more fires . I'm not close to any happening now! I'm not sure where @AndersonRanch is located, are there big fires again? I don't watch the news much!
I am physically in central California, not far from Yosemite. But we have have a hay ranch in Northern California, which was what we were worried about and some leases for the cattle kinda spread out. But yes we had a huge fire, the Dixie fire which is finishing up and another big one by the Nevada border around Lake Tahoe. My husband took vacation which started on Friday so I’m not in the know anymore on what that is doing and I don’t watch the news any more lol

·
Registered
927 Posts
Ok my Uncle lives in Big Bear, California in the mountains! We were there for a wedding when they had a big fire last year... started because of a gender reveal party firework or sparklers or something like that! It was horrible. Glad your safe where you are and your hay field!

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
We are traveling so could do nothing about fires but trust our son. Luckily, our home is in the Central Valley. We were only plagued with smoke. My mother-in-law's house is up above Angeles Camp and the area was evacuated. (She no longer lives there.) The fires were contained before they got there.
So we have been luckier than many in California.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I have a pen pal in Mt. Vernon Washington that I haven’t been in contact with for about a year. I hope she and her family are ok. Does anyone know about the fire situation in that area?

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just saw on the news that Texas and Louusiana has been hit by another hurricane????

·
Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
540 Posts
Hope everyone stays safe! I'll be praying for you all! 🥰 🙏

·
Registered
528 Posts
I just saw on the news that Texas and Louusiana has been hit by another hurricane????
Hurricane Nicholas is now Tropical Storm Nicholas.
Mostly rain here, steady all day today and the next 2-3 days. 3" so far and waiting on another 7-10".
I just came back from town and it's not flooding yet....
I live very close to the Comite (pronounced Co-meet) River and the crest is s'posed to be right below 20 feet early morning on the 16th.
Flood stage=20 feet.
Goats hate rain, they are so darn difficult to handle in this weather. They all pile up in the sheds and spend their day playing let's shove someone else out the door.
Louisiana needs waterproof goats!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts