First 2008 babies!!!!!!!!!! *More Pictures Added*

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by eliya, Mar 19, 2008.

1. eliya

eliya New Member

:stars: Our first kids of the year were born last night!!! :lol: Twins - :girl: :boy: :cool: The boy is brown with frosted ears and nose with a partial white belt. The girl is white with brown and black markings. These are 1st generation MiniNubians. They both have beautiful breed character and are SUPER CUTE!!! I thought they looked tiny when I saw them, but after weighing them, they really aren't that small. The buckling was about 6 lbs and the girl was 4.75lbs. Compared to some of my kids that weigh in at 3 lbs... These guys are a actually on the larger side! But when they are standing next to my babies from last year they look quite tiny.

I'm so excited that kidding has started!!! :stars: :leap: :clap:

Here are some pictures of them. These were taken last night when they were only a few hours old so they are still a little wet. Especially the doeling.

Both of the kids
    [​IMG]

Here's the boy:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here's the girl:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That last picture shows how much our Great Pyr cross love the kids. She has been REALLY good with them.

So how do you like them???

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: First 2008 babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh they are very pretty!! Congratulations on a healthy start to your season

3. mlheran

mlheran New Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Sonoma County, CA

They are adorable -look at those EARS!! Congrats! :stars:

4. Frozenloc2

Frozenloc2 New Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Northern Maryland

CONGRATS!!! Look at those ears, like a basset hound. LOL very cute!!!

5. eliya

eliya New Member

Thank you! I know, I LOVE those ears! And I'm so happy to be able to be getting ears like this on the MININubians.

I was able to get some more pictures of the kids now that they are all dry. They are so FUN!

I haven't named either of them yet so if you have any ideas feel free to post them. Their dam is Kuhtz Dream Lucky Cookie and their sire is Echo Hill's Jasper *B. I have been thinking about calling the buckling Snickerdoodle, but I'm not sure. Can't think of any fitting cookie names for the doe yet. (except for maybe S'Mores)

The boy about 24 hours old:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The doe at about 24 hours old:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    How about Gingersnap? Or Shortbread?