The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made my first goats milk cream cheese and it has a 'goaty' after tatse. is this expected or will i be able to make cheese without this taste? the fresh milk doesnt have this flavor.

·
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good to hear - the milk sat in the fridge a few weeks so i could collect enough to make the cheese- i am only getting a cup a day.

·
Registered
31,396 Posts
Amyboogie is right...the longer milk sits the stronger it becomes...freezing stops this process..dont give up...:D..

·
Registered
201 Posts
Mine did not taste goaty but my girl was giving a pint morning and night so I only had to wait a few days or so. I guess freezing is your only option.

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
I agree. The longer it sits in the fridge the worse it will taste. But a few weeks? It was most likely spoiled by then.
And when you freeze it, don't add milk to the already frozen milk,freeze in separate containers, like a plastic bag.

·
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree. The longer it sits in the fridge the worse it will taste. But a few weeks? It was most likely spoiled by then.
And when you freeze it, don't add milk to the already frozen milk,freeze in separate containers, like a plastic bag.
thanks for this I was going to keep adding it to the container, i will keep it in separate bags

1 - 11 of 11 Posts