First Attempt at Goat Milk Soap!

Discussion in 'Crafty Cabin' started by HJoy, Jul 10, 2018.

1. HJoy

HJoy Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Oregon
    My first attempts at making goat milk soap appear to have been a success! I have been trying to convince myself to make goat milk soap instead of buying it for quite some time. I have milk goats for heaven's sake and use goat milk soap all the time! After talking soap with a few soap vendors at a local craft show I was inspired to finally take the plunge. One vendor confided she just used store bought melt and pour and added fragrance, and another told me all about the extra additives and preservatives you can put in and call it "fragrance" so you don't have to list them. Needless to say I was surprised and didn't buy any soap that day. With the help of a friend who was willing to share her cold process recipe, which only uses oils, goat milk and lye, fragrance optional, I made two batches! Hooray!

I guess the moral of the story is, if you have something you have been dying to do for ages, make the time to do it! I can't wait to use it myself and on my sensitive skinned old dog! IMG_20180710_134525.jpg

2. Dwarf Dad

Dwarf Dad Well-Known Member

3. Good job! I've been making it for awhile because I didn't want to buy it lol. I am actually testing out a new recipe I came up with hoping it performs the way I want. It's pretty fun once you get the hang of it!

4. HJoy

HJoy Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Oregon
    Thank you! Yes @Jubillee, I definitely see how much fun it could be and will definitely be experimenting with recipes once I get the basics mastered. Then I just have to keep myself in check so I don't end up with 1000 bars of soap all over my house!

Jubillee likes this.