First Big Show for my Girls!

Discussion in 'Show Circuit' started by laststraw, May 4, 2009.

1. laststraw

laststraw New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    New Mexico
    First off - a HUGE Thank You!!!! to all who gave me advice: don't get between the judge and your goat, keep her head up, smile! We had a great time!

So, we didn't win any ribbons... and I DID end up carrying Halona Belle around the ring for the fourth show on the second day (everyone said I did well with her being so obstinate!). Halona ALMOST took Reserve in the second show on the first day, but then completely shut down on me on Sunday. Tesahce consistently won first in her class, but none of the four judges would give her even Reserve since she's only six weeks old... Eco consistently won second or third place - and, she must have felt awful (ended up developing a UTI and is now on Pen-G).

Click to see larger:
    Eco - Milking Yearling - taking second place this time
    [​IMG]

Halona Belle - Junior Yearling (took 3rd here, 2nd in other show and almost Jr. Reserve Champ!)
    [​IMG]

Tesahce - Junior Kid - took 1st place over and over, so I have high hopes for her!
    [​IMG]

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Congrats! your girls look very nice :)

3. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Congrats!! Looks like they did very well!

4. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
  5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Congratulations. Now you have cough the show bug haven't you? Once you have it you can not get rid of it. :ROFL:

6. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    congrats with your goaties.. and its very uncommon for a judge to pick a younger animal as a reserve and even more uncommon to be chosen as the grand.. because kids change rapidly and frequently so don't be bummed about that.. just hope that she keeps growing right