First day on the job - add in a second...

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by StaceyRosado, Dec 17, 2007.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ok training is done, I graduated from their program and my first day is today! YIKES

I am nervous - but trying to stay calm.

Just thought you all would like to hear an update.

2. creaturesall

creaturesall New Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Langdon, AB Canada
    Lots o' luck Stacey. You'll do great!

3. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    You will do fine Stacey. Have fun today cutting hair and chatting with customers.

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Good Luck. You will do fine.

I don't know about anyone else, but I LOVE for my styles to talk to me as they are going my hair. I had this one lady that would not hardly say a word, I never went back to her. Those that talk, I feel like they really care about what I want.

5. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I know you'll enjoy it- I always felt lucky if I found someone who could give me a cut that I could make easily look good going to work. I did not have time each morning to fuss (animals to clean and feed all before getting to work around 7am) and a good hair cut was worth a lot to me.
    Good luck and may you be in so much demand that you have to stress over turning people away- a witing list is good.

6. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    Good luck! Put some pics of the goats on your mirror and that will start your customers talking and will put you at ease. :D

7. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Good Luck! LOL Julie good idea!

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Thanks guys.

I sat around all day doing nothing till around 3;00 and that is when I got my first and only hair cut of the day - bummers. OH well the other girl only got like 3 hair cuts herself and she was bored too. She said it wasn't normal.

Julie - I never thought of that. I just figured that people wouldn't want to hear about my goats. Maybe I will do that. Everyone else has their boyfriends up so why can't I have what is special to me....hmmm

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    You know the lady that did my hair, I use to go to her just so I could talk goats. She had none but she loved to hear about mine.
    Hey some people put their kids on the mirror, aren't those goats like your kids?

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Glad to hear it went well Stacey, it's that time of year when everyone is so busy with the Holidays that the small businesses slow down....heres to hope that the New Year brings lots of people needing trims!! BTW...I agree, put pics of the girls up, great conversations come from curious people and besides you may end up with a few "goat customers"!

11. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Good to hear your first day went well :)

12. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I am so glad you had a good day!

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thanks guys. You all have been very supportive I had to let you know how things were progressing.

I see the other girls walk around with such ease and I think to myself - boy that is going to be me some day :D

14. mystic's_mom

mystic's_mom New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Northern, MN
    So how was your first day??? :D Congrats too, btw!! :wink: :p

15. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I'm glad to hear it wend well! You'll love it in no time!

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    today was my second day and the first with my manager. She said I was good to go and I was able to do a lot more hair cuts today :D

17. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    Cool. You'll be at home in no time. tomorrow is my 4 months at my job.

18. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Awesome! Congrats Stacey :). I am so glad it is working out for you!

19. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh wow it has been that long?

yah I was telling my dad that I try to keep it positive and think "wow soon I will be doing things as they are." it is just the ease around the shop and comfortability level with everyone that I miss at this moment. :/ but that will come I know

20. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Good attitude to avoid the butterflies in new situations- pretty soon you'll be tooooo busy!