The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I'm trying to learn how to "see" a goat's conformation, so take my estimation with as many grains of salt as needed... ;)
Lovely, glossy girl with a long, elegant neck, and what seem to be well-sprung ribs in the side view. However, her topline seems a bit wavy. Hard to judge slope of rump and leg shape, with her back legs out behind like that. Brisket seems well enough developed, and though hard to tell in the grass, pasterns seem strong.

·
city-turned-country girl
1,137 Posts
I'm trying to learn how to "see" a goat's conformation, so take my estimation with as many grains of salt as needed... ;)
Lovely, glossy girl with a long, elegant neck, and what seem to be well-sprung ribs in the side view. However, her topline seems a bit wavy. Hard to judge slope of rump and leg shape, with her back legs out behind like that. Brisket seems well enough developed, and though hard to tell in the grass, pasterns seem strong.
Also, her back legs could have more angulation. Did you take udder pics?

She is pretty! Is she purebred?

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Also, her back legs could have more angulation.
Hmm... I almost feel as if her back legs are too angled? :shrug:
I think she is nice, but could do with a little more length and uniformity. Her topline should be straighter and she could blend better. I really like her depth, body capacity, femininity, and brisket.

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Can you take another picture with her standing with her legs more underneath her and then stack her ?
Im not sure either about conformation , Im just learning here too ;)
Maybe take a look at how others stand their goats for a critique , that may help you with setting her up ? She is beautiful though :)

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
I can judge her if you want, but I would like to see a pic of her set up better before I begin, if that is possible.
I roughly drew some lines to show you where her legs should be placed, the tip of her toes should be where these lines are. Sorry that the lines are not completely straight, I tried, but it still gives you an example.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
She has very good udder attachments, and a good medial, the teat placing could be a bit more centered but it's pretty good, the teats are well defined from the udder, she could use a smoother fore udder, and her teats could be bigger.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts