180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
257.jpg
4 year old Alpine

258.jpg
3 year old Alpine

259.jpg
3 year old Alpine

Which one would you choose? The owner said she would recommend the 4 year old to me just because she is easier to hand milk and handle than the others but she said all three are really sweet does.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
I would say the 4 year old, but she looks really oddly proportioned...
The udder looks nice and she has a nice slope and rump, but her front end looks so much bigger than the rest of her, and her head looks huge on her body ?.... just a bad pic, pic ? I'd look at them in person, if the 4 y/o looks normal get her.
I can't even see the teats on the other doe.....

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
I agree that the 4 year old looks best. 1st three year old is conformationally the worst and the 2nd three year old has a barely visible udder. Lacie- I think the picture of the 4 y/o is just a little off!

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
I would go with the 4 year old too. Are you experienced at milking a goat? If not, I would try out milking all three and see which one is easier for you. It is never fun to have a goat that is hard to milk.

I think the pic looks funny because it looks like they took it from above and slightly towards the front of the doe. I would look at her in person though and see how she looks.

·
2,203 Posts
That 4 year old is built like a tank. Big, blocky, deep, bold, tremendous strength. Great family milk doe I'm sure.

The three year olds are weak in the topline, and weak toplines are always a no-go for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts