First kiddingof the season.....

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by Robynlynn, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Robynlynn

Robynlynn New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    NW Iowa
    I hope this is not a sign of things to come...My fav doe Latte kidded with twin bucks Wednesday night. they were both coming at the same time so it took some manuvering to get them out. I was VERY surprised when the were both breathing! After all was said and done, the one was very swollen in the head area due to being stuck and he also inhaled some fluid~I treated him with 1/2 cc Draxxin and 1/2 cc of Dex..he is doing better but now his front legs fold over when he trys to stand. He is a big boy and I put some vet wrap ont he legs~not too tight but to give extra support..not helping. #2 is doing fine of course he is a lamancha buck born with elf ears :wink:
    Now Mama, she was given nuflor, a Super B-shot, I gave her a revive treatment and last night some YMCP paste. She is a doll and I have been milking her one the floor because she is not very good on her feet right now.
    After revive she got the major poops so I gave her some sulmet and probiotics...am I over treating her??? any ideas on how to bring her around? :?

2. Paige

Paige Senior Member

Oct 14, 2010
    ohio
    Congrats on your kids!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    First off congrats on the new babies.... and great job ...getting them out ... :thumb:

With a support.... take a layer of vet wrap and wrap the leg.... then put a piece of stronger type cardboard or a flat stick..or something.. that won't dig in and hurt the babies leg.....make it long enough ...to support the area... but not to short....it should extend beyond the weak area...so it will get that support needed.....put it on the side of the leg.... that is bending the wrong way ...and vet wrap it on.....not to tight... like you mentioned.... then let the kid walk and see if it is supported....if it is your good to go if not....you will have to revamp the support stick.... the longest I ever had a kid supported like that was for a week.....also a bo-se shot wouldn't hurt..... good luck....

Wow.... the Doe is getting alot of different things...not sure on the interactions....if combining all is good or bad... :hug:

Sounds like...Your Doe ..has milk fever... treatment for it is crucial... :hug:

4. Robynlynn

Robynlynn New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    NW Iowa
    Every goat is doing better! my struggler kid is standing and Latte is coming around as well.
    Thanks for the support girls! :wave:

5. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Glad everything is working out for you. Congratulations! :thumbup:

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    So glad that everything is working out :hug:

Can't wait to meet mama and her babies :wink:

7. Robynlynn

Robynlynn New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    NW Iowa
    :) Twin lamancha does yeaterday! they are doing great as is mama! 5 more to go! hope the weather warms up!
    I have trouble getting pics to show up on here. apparently they are too big and not sure how to make them smaller??
    Good luck to everyone else kidding out there! so exciting!

8. jay13

jay13 New Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Central NC
    best thing to do with pics is to upload them to photobucket or a similar page, when you load them directly here, by the time they get small enough, its hard to see how cute everyone is! :) Good luck with your weather and future kiddings.