The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Certified Codger
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last September we sold our Nubian herd in hopes of being able to travel a bit. One trip to Kentucky solved the travel problem, and now we're buying goats again. Nigerian Dwarf this time around. Meet BillyBob, the first of our new goat family. He's 8 weeks old. He'll be a lot happier when we find him a girlfriend, as he's all alone out there for now. Hope to find a doeling within a day or two.

BillyBob.jpg
BillyBob 2.jpg

·
Goat Crazy!
6,475 Posts
You just made my heart happy! I'm so glad you tried traveling and even gladder that you have more goats!!!

·
Certified Codger
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The trip to Kentucky was enough to break us of the habit. Now my wife is looking for goats on Craigslist to keep me from booking more trips.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Welcome back home to goats! LOL

Reactions: olfart

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,390 Posts
Didn't want to choose the Caribbean instead of Kentucky? Lol.

I am not a travel person. Sure, with goats it makes it super difficult -- but anything more than a weekend away and I'm ready to be back home.

We have had a dog and a cat in our household long before goats -- travel has never been easy, and never will be. That's just life with animals.

·
Certified Codger
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We just put down a deposit on two ND doelings, 4 weeks old. Guess BillyBob will be lonely for another couple of weeks.

·
Certified Codger
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Didn't want to choose the Caribbean instead of Kentucky? Lol.
We have friends in Kentucky that we wanted to visit, so we hauled the camper up there. That was the crux of the problem. Bad road, bad campsite, heavy rain and overflowing dump station combined to make it a memorable (if not so enjoyable) trip.

·
Registered
839 Posts
He’s a cutie! Kentucky is on my bucket list I hope you enjoyed it. We have horses dog and goats and we love to take small trips no longer then a few days. I have a gal who babysit for me when my girls were growing up and she grew up on a farm. She stays here and takes care of our animals and is very trustworthy. She is worth it! She even washed her bedding and makes the bed when she leaves. She’s priceless to us :)

·
Certified Codger
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Boots and Gina.jpg
Boots and Gina 1.jpg
Is there a Northeast Texas chapter of Goat Owners Anonymous? I need to find one and join quickly. After putting down a deposit on two doelings yesterday for pickup in two weeks, I was bothered by BillyBob's crying. That prompted me to start looking for an adult doe I could put out there to keep him company. Long story short, I bought TWO adult does because the owner wouldn't separate them. So in two weeks I'll have FOUR does and a buck.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
It looks like you have good goat addition skills, the multiplication will come on it's own.lol As you well know!
Pretty does for Billy Bob.

·
Registered
213 Posts
The trip to Kentucky was enough to break us of the habit. Now my wife is looking for goats on Craigslist to keep me from booking more trips.
Uh oh:ahh: If your wife is anything like me she'll be on craigslist everyday looking at goats.(rofl) I've had two sleepless nights worried:sick:about 2 little pygmy does I found. I called and these two little sisters were available but, I was too ashamed to tell hubby I wanted them. I called this morning and there was no answer:eek:mg:. I pray that they're gone.(rofl)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts