First of 2011.. bad news though

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by AlaskaBoers, Feb 1, 2011.

1. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    88% Javelin was bred to Rush for purebred kids.
    She kidded 12 days early :cry: , both kids (trad buck and trad doe) were dead by the time i got home from errands, she'd been checked on 2 hours earlier.
    the kids were developed, but I'm guessing their lungs werent ready, really killing me here... long awaited kids here.. :sigh:
    gosh they are so beautiful, what a shame. they were born outside, it's 38 now. in a pile of straw. my kidding shed just got finished today and i was planning on moving them in.

but i got 1/2 a gallon of colostrum in the freezer, the doe is fine and passed her placenta just now, she was a FF 2 year old.

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I am so very sorry Katrina :hug: How tragic, I know how much you were anticipating these babies :hug:

3. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

IM SO SORRY :(

Seems like everyone is having a bad start :(

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yeah, i had been waiting 2 YEARS for these guys. weird question, but do you want pics? The buckling has interesting markings. sorry if i offend anyone

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    shes actually 15 days early. not 12. she was in with the buck for 1 hour

6. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    So sorry for your loss. :hug:

7. Dunfactor

Dunfactor New Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Awww, what a huge bummer! Especially because you waited so long for these kids. Such a shame. I am so sorry. (((Hugs)))

Tracy

8. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

I am sorry Katrina, I hope the rest of your kiddings go better......I would kinda like to see the pics.

9. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I am so very sorry Katrina :( I am glad your doe is okay. I wonder what would have made her go into labor so early? I hope the rest of your kidding season goes smoothly.

10. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I'm so sorry for the loss Katrina. :( Hope your next one goes more smooth. I wouldn't mind seeing photos either.

11. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    I'll get photos tomorrow, theyre not going anywhere

on a good note I have a ton of colostrum and kidding barn is done being painted and theres javelin and angel in there resting.

12. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN
    Im so sorry, although I have not had to go through losing any at birth yet of the 7 kids we have had born since nov we have had 2 die, and I had to put one down on Sat due to it getting stepped on, you have my sympathy, and my prayers :hug: Here is to a better rest of the kidding season for all of us. and no i would not mind seeing the pics.

13. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Im so sorry for your loss. I know when you wait for certain kids and then somthing goes wrong it really stinks. I hope the rest of your kidding season goes great.

14. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I am so sorry for your loss. :hug:

15. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh no...I am so very sorry Katrina... :( :hug: that is so devastating.... my heart goes out to you and your Doe.....it breaks my heart.... knowing... that you have waited for so long... to get Rush's kids..... and you don't have many Does bred to him..... Again I am sorry and I pray that all the rest kid on time and have very happy and healthy kids..... :hug: :pray:

16. Dodge 'Em

Dodge 'Em New Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Cedar Hill,TN
    Dang! I know, you really wait on a cross that you just KNOW will be great kids and then something happens! The Vet who came out to check on one of my Preg. Tox. does told me that at 10 days thier lungs were not developed yet, but he didnt say when they would be. Sorry for your loss.