First REAL Snow!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by liz, Dec 8, 2007.

1. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    We got our first snow of the season on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, amounted to about 4 1/2 inches. Angel was out for the first time in it today and believe me I was surprised at how white she really is!! She didn't want to stay out long at all! Chief on the other hand absolutely DID NOT like it!! It was really funny watching him try to avoid stepping in it! It warmed up to around 40 today so I figured the boys would want to kick up their heels, Hank is used to the white cold stuff but Angel and Chief have never seen it. Chief even tried to skip across the patches of snow so he could walk in the mud instead. Then he wanted me to pick him up!! He stood and bawled til I went to get him...poor little guy didn't know what to make of it....was too funny.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    LOL! yup we got the same snow, but all of mine have experienced snow before. But I remember last year with Jasper and Mia - it was to halarious

3. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

we get snow every year, the only ones who are new to it the kids from last spring. But every year my goats think its my fault that its snowing. Its a never ending complaint with the alpines.
    beth

4. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I wish it would snow. I don't think it will anytome soon though. It is close to 80 degrees here today!

5. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Oh how i envy you! Im tired of scrapeing ice off my windshield even at noon. when my car is sitting in the sun! Icey roads are getting old breaking ice off water tubs is getting old. I went out this morning to do that and my girls had beat me to it, they had licked a hole through the ice just big enough for them to get their noses through and drink. pretty sad when i broke ice off last night. the only good thing about it is my mud is frozen.
    beth

6. mystic's_mom

mystic's_mom New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Northern, MN
    We got two storms last week...we now have over a foot of the fluffy white stuff to frolic in...to bad my goaties don't care to frolic in that cold stuff!!! :lol:

7. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
  8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I had my camera ready to go but Angel wasn't out long enough and Chief.....well lets just say I felt bad for the little guy and carried him to the mud...he was happy mucking thru that but would not walk in the snow!

9. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Aww, poor guy! That's okay, I will be sure to get some pics of my goats if we get any snow!