The Goat Spot Forum banner

221 - 240 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
for REALS!!! now I don't think she's in labor just loosing bits of her mucus plug. Her udder still has a bit of room left to fill lol
She's going to play you until the end just like my doe lol
So day 145 would be the 8th for the first day my buck was actually in the does pen for breeding but it's hard for me to believe she will hold out that long after all the mucus yesterday (doh) like hold long can they barley hold onto their ligaments for? Come on lol

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 ·
She's going to play you until the end just like my doe lol
So day 145 would be the 8th for the first day my buck was actually in the does pen for breeding but it's hard for me to believe she will hold out that long after all the mucus yesterday (doh) like hold long can they barley hold onto their ligaments for? Come on lol
I don't have a clue when opal got pregnant because I never saw her in heat!! Im just guessing she got knocked up the same time as the other girls because they are on similar heat cycles lol. I think last year opal went on like day 148... have no idea how long they can barely hang on to those ligaments. probably enough to make us question wether or not they are even pregnant

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #233 ·
Is she a ndg too? FF? That's how Daisy has been. She's been so gooey back there everything is sticking lol.
She is a Nigerian dwarf but a 2f. Her udder made a lot of progress today so I'm thinking for sure tomorrow which is totally ok with me as that gives gettas kid an extra day in the kidding pen before they are moved out to the intermediate pen:)

·
Registered
798 Posts
She's built very differently to my big, roomy Nubians, but it kinda looks to me like her kids haven't dropped all the way yet. I know my girls will go from so huge they can barely fit through the door to barely even looking pregnant. Just because the kids have dropped. They will get really hollow around the hips, though. Though they were both FFs last year, so this year they may carry differently. Too early to tell.
Mucus plugs....oh they make me antsy! One doe lost hers a full week before she kidded. Made me keep thinking she'd be in labor soon, but noooo.
Hang in there!
I enjoyed your kid pictures! They are so cute!

221 - 240 of 275 Posts