The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Pygmy Guru, Nubian Newbie
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm entering an upcoming show later this year in my local fair. I plan to enter a Nubian nanny. She'll hopefully be older than 6 months, but younger than a year. I plan to enter a showmanship class with her. Here are some of my questions, but if you'd like to add anything else that would be great: Clipping, where I should trim her down?; Setting up a goat, leg position/posture of the goat?; Questions, what should I be prepared to answer? I know that you should always keep your goat between you and your judge, and that you need a chain show collar, but any opinions/tips/advice would be great. Thanks. :cart:

·
166 Posts
I dont show dairy goats but the basics are all the same :) You should clip the fur around the hooves so it looks level and clean like the first photo,Second NEVER EVER clip her like a wether so never take all of the fur off you just clip the loose fur up so like all the long fur off the tail, Get a black sharpie and color her hooves black.when it comes to showing you need her legs under her and put her back legs out but together so everything looks like a box I attached a few pictures so you know what I mean. know the body parts of a dairy goat and general information incase the judge asks you questions. Most of all Have fun but remain confident so just smile and look like your having fun the judges love that becuase its not like someone dragged you in the ring it makes you look like you want to be there :) Hope I helped PM me or just ask me if you have any more questions and I'd be happy to help GoodLuck:)
http://www.adga.org/index.php?optio...-dairy-goat-show&catid=87:cat-shows&Itemid=97

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts