First show of the season coming up!

Discussion in 'Show Circuit' started by Dover Farms, May 18, 2009.

1. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    June 5th & 6th is our first show the season. It's the annual NEODGA show. That means I'll have to start shaving this week and next week. We're hopefully taking Flicka, Brook, Fox, Piper, Robin, and Rebel(maybe). We can't show none of the new goats, because we don't have their papers yet, but they will be there since we don't have anyone to take care of them at home. I'm excited about show season...it just kinda snuck up on me though. lol

2. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Good luck with your show coming up. I have my first one this coming weekend and Im nervous. Im so afraid of making a fool out of myself.

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    that's exciting!
    good luck! pictures!

dont worry! just have fun!! :thumbup:

4. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    That's exciting Jacque!! I bet your beautiful goats will do great!!

5. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    My first show of the season is this coming weekend-but I wont be there-even though my goats will be. Because of a scheduling conflict this is the only weekend that my friend could deliver some goats to one of her friends in Colorado-so I decided to go with her and then later on decided I am also going to be getting a few goats on this trip-so it is not so bad to be missing my first show when I get to bring home a couple of new does :cool: . Miss Kadisha is going to the show though-cross your fingers that she does fantastic for me. Not to brag to much-but I have high hopes for her in the show ring this year.

6. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Thanks everyone! I'll be going out here in a little bit to do some shaving(joy!!). I'll post some before and after pics.

Don't be nervous Joanie. Just go out there and have fun...that's what it's all about. :wink:

7. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Here are some before and after pics of the two kids I shaved today.

Fox before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Robin before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Don't you just love how they change colors?! You never know what you'll get the first time you shave them.

8. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Woah, that is so not the same goat :shocked:

They are very pretty, good luck!!

9. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    LOL!! Robin looks quite different doesn't she? :greengrin:

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :ROFL: I agree .....they don't look like the same goat....they look really good..... :wink: :greengrin:

11. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    That's how I was. :thumb: I walked into the ring and got Grand Champion w/ my 5 month old wether. :doh: I've loved showing ever since and hav 30 + ribbons and 3 trophies in 3 years. You'll do geat!

Scary color changes!!!
    :shocked: :shocked:

12. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I love that last picture. She looks so proud of herself, and what a doll. I love those ears.

You will be fine. Just enjoy yourself. Practice setting them up to get them to stay in one spot for a bit.

13. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    I have ribbons-but I have yet to get one of those trophies:(. Maybe this year will be the year. Both of my sisters got trophies with their projects in 4H-I never did. I did get as high as 3rd though.

14. KLSpoultry

KLSpoultry New Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    I have my first show that same weekend too! You're brave enough to shave your own too!! I'm taking mine to a lady whose shown before and she's going to shave mine for me. I'm SO NERVOUS!! I've shown horses, i've shown dogs and i've shown poultry, but never goats...

Good luck!! Take lots of pictures! I'm showing my 4 month old Nubian doeling.

PS - I'm going to take before and after shave pictures too, I wonder what my girl will look like shaved...

15. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    wow robin looks so different!!!

16. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Thanks everyone! Every time I go out to the barn I kinda forget sometimes and when I see Robin I'm like "Oh yeah!" lol!

KLSPoultry, it's really not all that hard to shave a goat...it can be time consuming if you've never done it before or if your very picky(like me, especially when I do my showmanship doe). I did these two in an hour(without being picky, so they have some botches on them), but I know people who can do it faster. I've been shaving my own goats for....7 years I think, my first year I let my 4-H advisor do it cause we didn't have any clippers. You get good at it after a while. :wink: :)

17. shadycreekgoats

shadycreekgoats New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    They are beautiful!! I'm sure you will do great at the show with them. :)

18. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    :drool: Ohmygosh! They are BEAUTIFUL! You're making me want to shave my goats. I do love Robin though, she's adorable!

19. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Well we will be leaving tomorrow afternoon. We won't be taking any bucks, though, but that's okay. We are showing Lilu, Flicka, Marla, Carizma, Brook, Fox, Piper, and Robin. That's 5 milkers!! Quite a few for us...the most milkers we've ever shown was 2!! LOL! And Mimzy and Mercedes are going a long for the ride....

I'll let you all know how we do! :greengrin:

20. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Good luck! :greengrin: