The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Again its been a while since I've been able to post. Lots of things have happened. My fiancee got into some bad things and I gave him the boot. I ended up homeless for a few months and have been boarding my 2 goaty girls with a friend. Havent had access to internet or a steady phone yet. In turn for being able to board them I will be giving the woman 2 kids. Either from this years births or next, depends on if she finds a pair she likes or not. The buck my girls were bred to back in march was a boer x nubian cross. It was the only buck I could find. Hopefully I can find an Oberhasli buck to breed to next season or if I'm really lucky I can find a buck or buckling to trade for a future kid or something. Things are still a little iffy right now. This is my first time breeding and my girls first time being bred so I am a little nervous. I am not unfamiliar with birthing livestock, just goats. I've had my arm up in a couple animals turning babies around before. :eek: Hoping not to have to do it this time around. I'm hoping to have an extra kid or two to sell to help with the cost of winter feed this year so cross your fingers for me. I start at my new job this week so money wont be much of a problem, but the more extra I get to prep for winter the better.

I'm not at all sure if my girls are prego. They were both bred by the same buck. Emily still looks thin. She eats like a hog, but has always been skinny looking for a goat. Annabelle always looks prego. She's a fatty. I'm not sure what to look for to make sure. I tried feeling their bellies, but they tighten up like a rock. I was working on their hooves last week and as usual gave them a full go over with my hands. Was funny to discover an apple sized udder forming under Emily. Annabelle has no sign of developing an udder. Is it normal for them to start forming this early? I was told they shouldnt be due to kid till the end of July, beginning of August. My friend got a nice photo of Annabelle peeking over the gate. That blurry thing in the background is me. LOL I also got a pic of Emily's little apple udder. I had to lift her leg to get a photo. :p

·
Super Moderator
59,593 Posts
Glad things are picking up for you. I hope life continues to improve for you.

Are you sure on date? With FF's you never know what they will do. Since it is just a small udder, it certainly could stay that size for a while and then closer to birth could get larger.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The girls typically go into heat a couple days appart. I had the buck in with them for over a week before taking him back to the owner. Both girls went into heat and I saw him breed them both more than once. Once he tossed his head back at the end and let out a very audiable fart. I laughed so hard I almost fell over. Just like a male! Id actually be surprised if they weren't pregnant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts