first time disbudding questions

Discussion in 'Beginners Goat Raising' started by miller4528, May 27, 2020.

1. miller4528

miller4528 New Member

May 15, 2020
    pa
    i disbudded my buckling a few weeks ago and his caps came off when i burned his nubs and now he is constantly breaking open the scabs the one looks like new skin growing over the horn bud like when you have new skin growing around a scab and the other is still partly scabbed as he didnt bust it off yet, he cant stop getting his head into the smallest spots. but looking from the back of his head looking the same direction as him his left one still scabbed has a hard bump on the back part could this possibly be horn growing back in? i have seen some photos and they all seem like if its not done properly the horn can regrow but they seems like its from the front due to the actual triangle form of the horn bud itself but this is in the back closer to his ear. I have him sold already hes going to be a wether but last thing i want to do is send him out with improper disbudding, would burning around the tiny bump work to remove it if it is infact a regrowth of the horn. as i said the caps popped right off when i did it the first time.

2. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    If you want to re-burn you can, if not, put some BluKote on it to keep the open spots clean.

3. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can you post a picture?

4. miller4528

miller4528 New Member

May 15, 2020
    pa
    The skin looks like it's healing over where I had previously burned in the scabs were I'm not too concerned about that I'm just more concerned about the small nub at the back part of what would have been the horn being a scurr growing in. I'll have to see if i can get a picture tobight he is a hand ful

5. miller4528

miller4528 New Member

May 15, 2020
    pa
    You can see the hard almost like scab behind the right horn bud that is what I'm worried about

6. miller4528

miller4528 New Member

May 15, 2020
    pa

Attached Files:

ksalvagno likes this.