The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We’ve had our goats for almost a year not quiet. They’ve been in heat several times and never settled. They are a little over a year we got them at 6 months.

I’ve noticed the last month that 3 of my does have produced a small bag and their nipples have dropped a lot.

I see a difference in their pooches compared to when I first got them so I know my Eeyore has taken them. I’m just wondering if anyone can tell me about how far along they are and when I should be watching for babies.

This is our first time I’ve had all my other animals give birth just totally new to the goat process!

·
Super Moderator
83,097 Posts
If they are beginning an udder, they could be 1 to 1 1/2 months prior to kidding.

Any pics of their vulva/anus area's, tail up naturally. With udder area showing?
And a semi distant one so we can see their tummy from rear and a side view?

·
Fair-Haven
4,710 Posts
I would say all three are bred. What breed are they? If you marked down breeding dates, and they are not mini, it is 150 days post breeding. Udders on FF is about 1 month prior, but each doe is different, so we can't really give you a due date unless you've tracked it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've found my FF tend to start with udder development about 8-9 weeks prior to kidding. Their bag stays kinda small until the week or two prior when it starts to really grow!
This is one of my FF last year this is 2 months before she kidded
20190225_075726.jpg

This is her the day before she kidded
20190328_182802.jpg

Reactions: Moers kiko boars

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome thanks for the pictures to help! I have been waiting patiently for them to finally settle so now that I know they have babies on the way I’m excited but also have no idea how to tell on them. That helps clear it up a lot though. I’ll be looking for them to grow more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so I have been checking my girls daily all the time waiting for something to happen. Well this morning I went out and my sweet Angel doesn’t even look pregnant anymore. It has me worried.

·
8,163 Posts
Miz Tam, your doe looks a little down on her ankles, have you given her any Bo-Se (selenium) with a Vitamin E gel cap? That will help her and she will stand up more. (She looks like a nice doe!)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Does a wet tail and laying down all the time with light groaning and stretching of the back legs mean anything? Walked out today to see Daisy laying about normally she’s up grazing with the other girls. But today she’s been laying about sleeping or staring out. Her tail was wet and some of her bag also. She kept readjusting her back legs and groaning quietly while chewing. She still has her ligaments but their squishy not firm like before.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts