The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. First time goat owner in West Va here. Was trimming my little guys hoofs today and notice one of my little guys has a lot of flaky dry skin and red spots on his head, and around his ears and eyes. The other two boys I have in the same run as them are fine, but Diablo looks to be in rough shape. Any ideas on what it could be, and if so what treatment I should begin. Thank you all in this awesome community!

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
They should have it at local livestock stores, if not you might have to buy it online. And make sure it says it’s for goats because there are poultry versions.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes they have free range minerals available. Their diet is usually alfalfa or orchard hay if that unavailable and 1/2 a cup of sunglo premium show goat feed twice a day. Any reason as to why Diablo got it but Habanero and Serrano seems to be okay?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m picked up some Vetrx and put it in all of their ears. Gonna give it to them again tonight before I put them up and hopefully it’ll look a little better tomorrow. I also read on another thread to do a ACV drench, and bathe them, should I do that as well?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm picked up some Vetrx and put it in all of their ears. Gonna give it to them again tonight before I put them up and hopefully it'll look a little better tomorrow. I also read on another thread to do a ACV drench, and bathe them, should I do that as well?
If it seems really bad, I think you can bathe them.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you everyone for all the help. I went to a local feed store and picked up some Kent goat Mineral and A different brand of sheep mineral, as well as zinc tablets and nustock. I also gave Diablo a bath last night with M&T protekt and he’s already looking a lot better and his coat is so much softer. He also seems to have a little more energy. It’s only been a couple days but he already seems so much happier. Thank you guys again for helping me get my little man right! Habanero and Serrano are both still fine too

1 - 18 of 18 Posts