The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doe #3 went into labor tonight. After 30 minutes of pushing with little progress I started to get worried. Got the long OB gloves and lube ready. I saw what at first I thought was an ear but quickly realized it was a tail. A big buckling was trying to come out butt first. I had to push him back in and hook his hind legs to guide them out. I was surprised I was able to get my hand in. She was able to push him out after the repositioning, then quickly delivered two doelings. They’re all doing well, the runt is in the house warming up and getting some colostrum until going back out with momma. I’m planning on treating the dam with penicillin. Hoping the rest of our kiddings are less uneventful!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone! All 3 are doing well. I'm glad I was able to identify the position and figure out how to maneuver him. Memorizing the different kidding position pictures really helped.

Awesome job! You're now officially a goat midwife ;)
Lol, I did text my friends that I'm now officially a goat OB. They're not goat people so they were both amazed and a little grossed out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.