First time kidding do they look pregnant?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Locklyn, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Locklyn

Locklyn New Member

Jan 14, 2021
    Washington
    Hello all I have 2 does first timers Tillie the tri color I know for sure is due around April 6th that's 145 days but snickers the black and tan doe is supposed to be due March 20th or about 3 weeks after this date does she look pregnant?
    Thank you

Attached Files:

MadHouse likes this.
  2. NDinKY

NDinKY Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Kentucky
    Is Snickers building an udder yet? It can be hard to tell just looking from above without knowing what they look like non pregnant. By this point you should be able to feel babies moving if she is due mid March. Try feeling her right side slightly in front of her udder to check for baby kicks. She also looks like she could benefit from a copper bolus if you haven’t bolused her recently.

MadHouse likes this.

3. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree. Check and see if Snickers is making an udder. Some of them wait, but if she's got one then she probably pregnant. I had difficulty checking for kid movement even when I knew that my does were pregnant so, if you fail at that it doesn't necessarily mean they aren't.

Did they go back into heat since they were bred? Another thing you could check is some does get very puffy vulvas on toward kidding time. The only sure fire way to tell would be a blood test or ultrasound.

MadHouse likes this.
  4. Locklyn

Locklyn New Member

Jan 14, 2021
    Washington
    She has not gone back into heat and just in two weeks she has gotten bigger. I am going to trim hooves and give her a cdt this week so I will check udder and for movement.
    Thank you

Attached Files:

MadHouse and toth boer goats like this.
  5. Locklyn

Locklyn New Member

Jan 14, 2021
    Washington
    I felt the babies today so exciting! Can copper bolus be given while pregnant?
    Thank you

MadHouse likes this.
  6. NDinKY

NDinKY Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Kentucky
    Congrats! Yes, you can bolus copper while pregnant.

MadHouse likes this.
  7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California