The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love following these threads, so I'm excited to get to do one now. It's the first time I've had pregnant goats, so I'm both excited and nervous!

Dolly is due around August 3rd, but I'm not sure about June. I think she's a month behind Dolly. Dolly went into heat the day after I introduced my buck. June went into heat the next week, but she seemed to go back into heat again the next month (he was still living with them), so we'll see! All three are Mini-Nubians.

Dolly is the spotted girl, June is the black and tan.

Bellies!

She's starting to get an udder! June's isn't showing much yet, so I thought I'd just share Dolly's for now.

Oh they do have an actual hay feeder, but it's in the barn. This was a convenient way to get them to stand still for pictures lol.

My sweet and silly buck. His name is Draxx.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
What pretty goats! I too enjoyed the turkey photo bomb, and the dog snuck in there on a pic too. I love the little grin on the buck’s face. He’s pretty pleased with himself.

How exciting. Can’t wait for all the updates and then babies!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What pretty goats! I too enjoyed the turkey photo bomb, and the dog snuck in there on a pic too. I love the little grin on the buck’s face. He’s pretty pleased with himself.

How exciting. Can’t wait for all the updates and then babies!
Thank you! I am so hopeful and excited for babies.

Ferdinand is always photo bombing my pictures lol. Artemis is one of our LGDs. She loves her goaties :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
I want to breed my Nubian girls to a spotted Nubian buck to get kids that look like your doe. She’s so cute! I love my Nubians but like the color variations of my Nigerians. It’s really fun to see the color of the kids after they are born and dry and how the patterns may change as they get older. Hope you get adorable kids soon!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I want to breed my Nubian girls to a spotted Nubian buck to get kids that look like your doe. She’s so cute! I love my Nubians but like the color variations of my Nigerians. It’s really fun to see the color of the kids after they are born and dry and how the patterns may change as they get older. Hope you get adorable kids soon!
Both great breeds! I was actually trying to decide between the two when I found out that Mini-Nubians were a thing and someone near me bred them. I can't wait to see what the babies look like 🙂

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
I love following these threads, so I'm excited to get to do one now. It's the first time I've had pregnant goats, so I'm both excited and nervous!

Dolly is due around August 3rd, but I'm not sure about June. I think she's a month behind Dolly. Dolly went into heat the day after I introduced my buck. June went into heat the next week, but she seemed to go back into heat again the next month (he was still living with them), so we'll see! All three are Mini-Nubians.

View attachment 210743
Dolly is the spotted girl, June is the black and tan.

View attachment 210735
Bellies!

View attachment 210736 View attachment 210737
She's starting to get an udder! June's isn't showing much yet, so I thought I'd just share Dolly's for now.

Oh they do have an actual hay feeder, but it's in the barn. This was a convenient way to get them to stand still for pictures lol.

View attachment 210742
My sweet and silly buck. His name is Draxx.
They are all so nice looking and cute! Draxx has the funniest face!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Day 142.

Dolly's ligaments are definitely softening. I've been checking them every couple of days, and its been interesting feeling them change. We got the kidding stall set up today!

Would love to hear your guesses! I'm guessing maybe two? We've got storms in the forecast this week, and from what I've read here that seems to be conducive to birthing haha.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts