The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have 3 nubian does, one nubian buck, one nigerian buck, and a kiko nubian doe. I wanted to breed two of my nubian does that are big enough to my nubian buck and my smaller nubian and my Nubian mix with the nd. So I separated them all like this. My nubian buck bred one nubian doe right away like 5 times. He ignored the other one. So I took the bred one out and put her with the others so maybe he would breed the other one. Nothing. He's not interested in her nor she him. I havnt seen her go into heat at all. So in the other pen girls are in heat but all buck wants to do is eat. My mixed doe is so mean to him and I really need him to breed her because she is the sister to the other buck and I wanted to let them all run together this winter. Any suggestions?? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using GoatSpot

·
merryoaks
4,249 Posts
How old are your bucks?

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Well on the Nubian with the Nubian just give her time and she will come around. I still have a good hand full of does that have yet to come into heat. As for the end I'm not sure. He might be to young or young enough not to be pushy and the girls have beat him up. Or he may not be one that is interested in breeding. I have such a hard time believing a buck is like that since mine will starve just so they could breed. But a friend of mine had one like that and didn't even know it till she bought a new buck.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
If the doe in the first group isn't in heat than that could explain why neither one is interested. She'll come into heat soon enough though.

How old is the second buck? If he's younger he may not be interested in girls yet. I agree with Jessica, if he was older it would be odd for him
to not be all over breeding them.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well on the Nubian with the Nubian just give her time and she will come around. I still have a good hand full of does that have yet to come into heat. As for the end I'm not sure. He might be to young or young enough not to be pushy and the girls have beat him up. Or he may not be one that is interested in breeding. I have such a hard time believing a buck is like that since mine will starve just so they could breed. But a friend of mine had one like that and didn't even know it till she bought a new buck.
Well hopefully he likes to breed! Lol just may not be interested yet since he's in a new place and I just moved him to a different area. My nubian has been trying to ride the girls since he was 7 weeks. Lol

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
It sounds like he may just not be feeling his oats yet. Is he in rut?

I know I just got a 6 mo old buckling Friday that was already in rut and he even bred a doe Monday. Everyone I've talked to about getting bucklings though says it can be a gamble. They can end up either inexperienced, uninterested, or perfectly fine. I'm sure your guy will come into his own though and want to eventually. It'll just take time. :p

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It sounds like he may just not be feeling his oats yet. Is he in rut?

I know I just got a 6 mo old buckling Friday that was already in rut and he even bred a doe Monday. Everyone I've talked to about getting bucklings though says it can be a gamble. They can end up either inexperienced, uninterested, or perfectly fine. I'm sure your guy will come into his own though and want to eventually. It'll just take time. :p
I don't think he's in rut because he is not acting like my nubian. It's quite comical! I love the Elvis lip he does! He does smell Bucky though but it could be that he was with all bucklings where I got him from.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I don't think he's in rut because he is not acting like my nubian. It's quite comical! I love the Elvis lip he does! He does smell Bucky though but it could be that he was with all bucklings where I got him from.

It could be that or maybe him being around your other buck. Their urine smells pretty strong too!

I agree with you though they ate funny in rut! This buck is my first and it's pretty amusing to watch them bark, blubber, and run around like crazy goats. Lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts