Fish thread?

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Kass, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Kass

Kass Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2020
    Lisbon Falls ME
    I put them in on Thursday, and all is going well! All the babies are alive, and all the adults are doing well too.
    I love watching my fish tank

2. Lstein

Lstein Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    North Dakota
    Really nice tanks :) I could stare at them for hours.

Before I got married *cough*, I used to have three fish tanks. I had one betta tank, a 55 gal community tank full of tropical fish and also a 90 gal. reef.

The reef was by far my favorite and just downright fascinating with all the beautiful coral you can grow, the really bright and colorful fish and all the other things (crabs, starfish, snails, feather dusters, etc.)

It was a tremendous amount of work though, and got expensive very quickly. Plus I like to travel and it was just another thing holding us back. (It's a lot harder to try and find someone to care for a reef than to sprinkle some flakes in occasionallyo_O.)

I honestly probably wouldn't do it again unless I had a dedicated "fish room" just to keep all the extra equipment, sump, supplies, etc. But when you get to that point, is it really even worth it anymore lol? Though I'm still not ruling it out for someday (doh).

MellonFriend likes this.

3. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    I hear you @Lstein - we've got the 55 gallon and all the equipment stored in the basement for "possibly again someday". We had a really cool cichlid aquarium ten years ago.

Lstein likes this.