Fist sign of udder, is it to soon??

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Kfin, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Kfin

Kfin New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Canyon, TX
    So Padme is 3 months now, (not 3 months old, but 3 months along in preg lol) and yesterday she had started putting on an udder. It was a pretty darn good size one to. About a handful. And its tight and firm. I don't know what to watch for but is this about right as for timing? Or is this a little early? She is due April 25.

Panda is due the same day but has not udder at all, just a tad puffy feealing. and Posha is due May 2 and she is a little puffy, But Padme has an udder for real, you can even see it from behind her when she walks now. I check her daily and it was just puffy day before yesterday.

2. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I'm sure she is just fine. They all develope at different stages in pregnancy, and I'd think anytime around 3 months on is fine. In fact, I remember my kiko and boer/mix does getting udders in early May last year and they kidded in the beginning of July.
    I have a doe that is due April 26th, and I bet she's developing too under all that hair! I'll have to check her in a few minutes...she makes the shaggy dog look sad....she's sooooo hairy LOL

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Totally normal...each doe is different as far as when the udder starts, all 3 are FF right? Padme will likely be your top producer and may even have multiples, I've found that udder size before delivery can sometimes indicate the number of kids.

4. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

I know how excited you are about a week ago both of my boer doe ff's started theirs. These are my first FF and it is really cool to watch their progression as opposed to a seasoned doe. Mine are due March 22 and 23. Good luck with your kiddings.