The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughters fair is next week and I was wandering what people use on their market wethers to fluff the hair below the knee to give it the full appearance? And where can you buy the products?

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
An adhesive spray in used. I use clear dairy adhesive and then comb up until it sticks without bending. Then use a blocking blade to shape the hair. After the show you have to use some type of adhesive removal oil to get it out or the hair might fall out. It gives the illusion of bigger bones and a lot of time a more finished pretty look

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where do you get the adhesive spray Dani?

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I bought mine at tractor supply but you can order it from sullivans supply and I'm sure other show stores would have it

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
You can also use a heavy duty hairspray, which is easier to remove than the adhesive. That is what we used to use on cows before the spray adhesive came out, and i like it better because everything sticks to the spray adhesive.

·
Registered
283 Posts
You can also use a heavy duty hairspray, which is easier to remove than the adhesive. That is what we used to use on cows before the spray adhesive came out, and i like it better because everything sticks to the spray adhesive.
When you use hairspray do you just wash it out? Or do you have to use adhesive remover?

·
Registered
507 Posts
We use hair spray also, and we don't take it out after, it just wears off like on people. The adhesives do work better I think, but they are more expensive and not as easily obtainable!

Also, if you use the blower and blow the hair up before you spray it, it works better.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok I purchased winners brand pro foam grooming mousse today. Hope it works! Not sure if it has to be washed out right after show because it does not say.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ok I purchased winners brand pro foam grooming mousse today. Hope it works! Not sure if it has to be washed out right after show because it does not say.
Let us know how it works I am looking at a mousse but I don't know how well the mousse will stick. So let us know how it works!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Let us know how it works I am looking at a mousse but I don't know how well the mousse will stick. So let us know how it works!
I will let you know. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts