Flashlight's healthy boys

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by DiamondGems, Feb 10, 2009.

1. DiamondGems

DiamondGems New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Since I figured out how to post I thought I would share my cute Nubian boys (at a few hours old, they are 1 week now, and won't stand still for the camera unless they're eating or sleeping.)

Unfortunately, Flashlight has only ever had one doeling, and a total of 9 bucks. You would have thought I would have kept the doeling, but I sold her last spring. Maybe I'll get one more set of babies from her next year, and get my doeling. Every one of her babies has had her "signature" splash of color on their right side. I can spot them from a mile away.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    awe what cuties!

Sounds like you need to try a new buck to throw some girls for yah

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    What a beautiful kid!!! Congrats!

Are all the kids from the same buck?

4. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Awwwwww Congratulations!!!

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Awwww! I really enjoy my mini's but there is just something about those Nubi babies with ears longer than their little faces! TOO CUTE!

O and as far as mom giving bucklings...try a different older buck...I found that the more "experience" the boys have they seem to thrw more girls.

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  7. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Beautiful kids !!!! :stars:

8. DiamondGems

DiamondGems New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    The funny thing is, she's been bred to a different buck each and every year. Last year, of my 10 babies, I had 2 bucks, and 8 doelings. My mom used the same buck and she ended up with 10 bucks and 2 doelings. I lucked out last year, and so I am prepared for a full lot of baby boys this year, so I can't complain.

I didn't know that older bucks tend to throw more doelings, that's an interesting tidbit.