The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am offering two beautiful, flashy show wether kids for sale.

The first is a black headed wether weighing in at 60lbs. This little guy is the perfect combination of muscle, power and style. He shines in the ring and always catches a second look from the judge. He has won five classes, took three second places and a couple thirds. The worst his kid has ever done with fourth at NC State Fair under Glen Martin. This guy is cool from end to end, combining a clean chest, huge rack, wide loin and expressive leg all in a neat package. This wether has everything it takes to win!

The next wether is a traditionally marked wether who is a proven champion. He has already won EIGHT market classes and taken second and thirds in just a few. He was Grand Champion in two highly competitve shows and second in his NC State Fair class under Glen Martin. This wether is a money maker if there ever was one. He's a pretty wether but does not give an inch in muscling or power. He is honestly the best wether we have ever raised. He has a big boned wether with a huge, expressive top from his shoulders to his hooks, he is a big butted and still keeps enough style and balance to please todays wether judges. This kid is slick!

These guys are only for sale since I can't take them to any shows after NAILE. They are available at NAILE following the market show. Discounted price if bough as a pair. Pictures are straight out of the grower pen, no grooming done. Additional pictures are coming and videos available upon request (please, only ask if you are a serious buyer). PM me for me details on these boys!

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You can also call me at 252-341-4800 or even text if you prefer. These boys are both very well trained, easy to handle wethers that will work in just about any show ring.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! I'm very proud of them :)

If you know anyone looking let me know. They will be at NAILE and I will try to help arrange transport if needed.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The traditional is 9 months old and the black head is 6 months. Theyre out of true wether lines which basically means they will mature slower and be able to show longer... One of the great things about the slower lines. The bad thing is they'll be wayyyy better than they are now in a couple months... Especially the black head wether.

Right now they are both a little green so we have upped feed... we have high hopes for the traditional at NAILE (the goal is class win.... fingers crossed!). I put 3-4lbs of feed in their pans at each feeding and let them go... Some days they eat more than others but usually they eat about 3/4ths of what I give them. Believe it or not but the little black headed wether eats more than the traditional!

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And thank you so much!! We love these two... I hate to sell them!

·
The more time we spend with goats, the wiser we be
1,625 Posts
Thank you,

One more question: How long does it take for them to eat that much?

The reason I'm asking is because my avatar goat (smores) is probably the slowest eating goat in the world! I give her about a pound of grain and a pound of alfalfa pellets, but she doesn't even finish half of it in about half an hour! :confused:

Thanks,

Patrick

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Usually about 20-30 minutes (these two are pigs) but I just sold one at the state fair last week that would take at least 45 minutes to finish his feed. He had two pounds but he took his time. So i brought the doe over and let her eat his feed for a little bit...He started eating faster then lol

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Updated picture of the boys. Theyre looking sharp if I do say so... but I'm just a bit bias! Black head is about 65lbs now and the traditional is pushing on 85lbs I would guess. Please let us know if you would like to view at NAILE next week so i can give a contact number so we will be at the pen to get them out for a better look and handling. They will be there Sunday-Wednesday for viewing and to set up travel arrangements.

We will help set up transport if we can.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts