Flock dispersal in Western NY

Discussion in 'Other Animals For Sale' started by luvmygoats, Dec 28, 2007.

1. luvmygoats

luvmygoats New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Western New York
    Hi all,
    We have decided to sell the majority of our laying hens and roosters. We have rir,barred rock,white leghorn, easter eggers, black australorps, assorted bantams,guineas, and 1 pr of royal palm turkeys. Most of these birds are under 1 yr of age.
    Sorry, we will not ship. Pick up only. We are located in Albion, N.Y. (that is about 30 minutes west of Rochester)

Please email or Pm me for more info.

Thanks,
    Gina

2. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    i just found the goat spot
    therefore
    i just found this post
    do you still haven these / any left?

3. luvmygoats

luvmygoats New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Western New York
    We only have a few bantams, 1 royal palm tom and 2 rhode island red roos left. the layers went pretty quickly.

4. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    my daughter has 2 red sex link hens and a black (?) hen and a brown (?) little hen that lays eggs the size of golf balls :lol:
    she wants a couple more
    thats why i was asking
    with the bird flu it's hard to find chickens for sale
    i know most of the auction houses refuse to sell any fowl and they've lost their egg sales due to that

5. luvmygoats

luvmygoats New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Western New York
    We decided to keep a few of our best layers for breeding so we will once again be selling chicks. we will begin incubating and hatching some speckled sussex soon. (as soon as i have the barn clean) Also i have a pending order for barred rock and black australorp chicks next month. Most are already sold but depending on how well they do through the mail, i may have a few extras.
    Also, Tractor Supply is having their chick days now, if you happen to have one near you, that is.
    We don't raise any water fowl here and do not encourage wild water fowl here just to be safe. but to my knowledge the bird flu virus has never been found in the united states. The biggest threat to the poultry industry right now is the rising cost of feed. I wish they would put THAT in the papers!
    Anyway, if there is something that we can help you with then just drop me a line.

Gina