The Goat Spot Forum banner

Flooring in new shed

Tags
flooring
1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  kathy_ 
#1 ·
We are new to goats and currently using a very large dog kennel for our nigerians. We have the space dug out for the new shed and are going back and forth on flooring. My husband says dirt but I prefer an actual floor. Any thoughts? I know each have pros and cons. I would love concrete but that's out of our budget. Thanks. :)

Also, with a dirt floor, how often do you all clean out all the poop? It seems they hold it in all day and just lay into pooping at night when they're put up. I've been doing it weekly but it could honestly be done daily it seems. I put down shavings but that doesn't seem to help much. Thanks for any input.

#6 ·
I have dirt floors and I like them. The goats sleeps up on some shelves my husband built so they don't sleep on the floor. We still have to clean it once a week. It's huge we had it built for our horses then we sold them the goats moved right in. They have all kinds of things to play on in there, we had a tree go down in the hurricane so my husband took the chainsaw and made them stepping stones they love them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.