The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used composite decking in their barns? I am considering it but would like to know the pros and cons. It would bring my girls floors up about 4 inches. I was thinking it would be easy to clean (with a small wet/ dry vac for hard to reach areas) and can be scrubbed when need be. Also we have fire ants crazy here. I could treat under their floor without them getting into it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I just had my husband put a floor in both of my barns because I was sick of the rain making a mess and puddling up. We used decking boards and I love it and so do the goats :) it's so easy to keep clean. I just use a push broom and I'm done in a couple mins.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for the info. That will be put on our growing project list. I'm glad it is working for you, I would hate to put the money into it just to find it didn't work. And we are having a hard time with rain water pooling up in our barn too. Our poor Sassy had dug herself a little hole while kidding and it rained 1/3" and rolled right down to her.
Did you put the slats tight together or space between? I'm thinking close together so pee won't build up underneath.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just had my husband put a floor in both of my barns because I was sick of the rain making a mess and puddling up. We used decking boards and I love it and so do the goats :) it's so easy to keep clean. I just use a push broom and I'm done in a couple mins.
Do you have a old got

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks so much for the info. That will be put on our growing project list. I'm glad it is working for you, I would hate to put the money into it just to find it didn't work. And we are having a hard time with rain water pooling up in our barn too. Our poor Sassy had dug herself a little hole while kidding and it rained 1/3" and rolled right down to her.
Did you put the slats tight together or space between? I'm thinking close together so pee won't build up underneath.
Of this is not sure you can

1 - 5 of 5 Posts