The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was a difficult one! Big buckling! Same size or a bit bigger than Francis’ 5 day old girls! Really had to struggle to get him out. Front left leg bent at the knee. Front right leg going back. Just his nose and tongue kept coming out for about 15 minutes-20 while I tried to get him out. Woman I got the girls from gave me the tip to suction out his nose and mouth to help him breathe while we tried to get him out. He was breathing while she pushed. Whew! Was about to call a vet to get out her ASAP! I don’t know if she has anymore, but she’s starting to clean him off and accept him.

·
Super Moderator
32,155 Posts
Congrats!! Did you reset the leg position? Sometimes those big boys don't have enough room to set up well in there on their own.
Glad he was delivered and safe.
If mom passes the placenta, then most likely no more kids..

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I didn’t bump her. When I investigated there was like a bean shape and size whitish yellow clear thing on the smallest sack. I think it might have been a very very tiny undeveloped kid. She delivered her placenta and is no longer having contractions. Babies are pretty good at standing up and nursing by themselves.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I didn’t bump her. When I investigated there was like a bean shape and size whitish yellow clear thing on the smallest sack. I think it might have been a very very tiny undeveloped kid. She delivered her placenta and is no longer having contractions. Babies are pretty good at standing up and nursing by themselves.
How are things now?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Stalls are clean. I cleaned mama goat Flora up a bit. She’s still having some clear-pink discharge here and there. Buckwheat is the boy. He’s doing well. Still a bit confused about nursing, but he gets there. His tongue does seem a little swollen from his kidding struggle. We are thinking Barley or Maizy (like maize) for the girl. She is very active already. Both had a little b gel and selenium + vitamin e gel after birth. I dipped the umbilical cords but need to do it again. Flora keeps almost laying on them, which worries me she might crush them. She really does love them very much. She really enjoyed some electrolyte water with some nutridrench. Now my kidding for the year are done! And I seem to have a skill for unclogging kids with my tiny hands! Treasure may or may not be pregnant, so it’s possible I might have one last kidding in October.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts