The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes everyone just loves him!

These babies have really been running me ragid, but I have been enjoying every minute of it!!! And since I am keeping Faline and Dot that have really been getting the extra special attention :wink: Since I don't have to worry about getting attached to them. And it is such a good thing that I got a deposit on Todd shortly after he was born, because he has turned into my little baby always begging for attention :D It is gonna be hard to let him go in 4 weeks :cry:

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
at what age do you sell your kids?

5 weeks in my oppion is WAY to young. I bought mia at 6 weeks and I have sworn I will NEVER do that again. 8 weeks or older from now on

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
StaceyRoop said:
at what age do you sell your kids?

5 weeks in my oppion is WAY to young. I bought mia at 6 weeks and I have sworn I will NEVER do that again. 8 weeks or older from now on
I would never wean any that young. Todd is already almost 4 weeks old, so he has a little over 4 weeks to go.

My Bucklings get weaned no sooner than 8 weeks and only then if they are eating good and growing properly. My Doelings don't get weaned until they are about 12 weeks old. The only reason I wean the Bucklings at around 8 weeks is because they can start breeding at such a young age and I don't want to take a chance of them breeding with their Dam.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
That sounds perfect - that is how i work it as well

How I got confused was your possible type-o? the date said he was only 1 week old so I based my question and statement off that.

HollowbeadRanch said:
This is Flounder! He was born 12/13/2007. He is also already sold and will be picked up when he is weaning age.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts