The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
hobby goats
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These boys! They sure gave me a run for my money in the beginning, but man, I’m in love with these little brats! They are 6 months old as of November 6. They are spoiled, but it’s ok. As you can see by the mineral feeder on the floor, they are mischievous - they jumped up and knocked it right off the wall. At least I know to secure it better 😂
Terrestrial animal Fawn Goat Goat-antelope Snout

Plant Blue Working animal Wood Sculpture

Plant Vertebrate Goat Dog breed Mammal

Plant Vertebrate Goat Mammal Grass

·
Registered
hobby goats
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are cute. :)
Thank you! I swear, they think they are puppies. I was out with them this morning - they seem to enjoy if I’m just standing out there while they play - and I SWEAR they had the zoomies. I was laughing so hard! They jump up on me like puppies, too! Flower will stand up on me and touch his nose to mine and I melt. Lol. Snow is affectionate in different ways. He will lean right up against me for me to pet and hug him. Or he puts his head right against my forehead while I rub his cheeks and neck :)

·
Super Moderator
32,973 Posts
They looks great. Good job

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
These boys! They sure gave me a run for my money in the beginning, but man, I’m in love with these little brats! They are 6 months old as of November 6. They are spoiled, but it’s ok. As you can see by the mineral feeder on the floor, they are mischievous - they jumped up and knocked it right off the wall. At least I know to secure it better 😂 View attachment 215763
View attachment 215762
View attachment 215761
View attachment 215760
Who us? We did not do it.

·
Registered
hobby goats
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are they mini Alpine?, Saanen? Their adorable!

The white one looks like my Mini Saanen doe Grace!
View attachment 215764
They are Alpines! They are supposed to grow full size, but with all the health problems, they may have stunted growth… I don’t care either way :) I love these sweet babies! I never in a million years thought I would want, let alone OWN goats, and I’m so glad I made this decision. All stemmed from asking if I was allowed to hold a baby goat (because I was scared of the big ones haha) :)

·
Registered
hobby goats
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awww nice looking bucklings . Bucks will be Bucks. Full of energy, but lovers too. I really enjoy my boys. They are passive and sweet.so far. I want to keep them that way.
They are very very sweet! I love that about them. They are basically teenagers now, so they got a little testy for a week or so when I would reach down in their food or add hay while they were eating. I didn’t really do anything but not move - I stood there with my hand against their heads to push them away while I added what I needed to. They stopped doing it to me on their own. I will get horns right in the butt if I don’t give pats and loving when they want it lol

·
Registered
hobby goats
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Who us? We did not do it.
OMG that is hilarious. They managed to get into a spot in the yard and I have no idea how… they decimated what was left of our garlic scapes (there wasn’t too much). I walked out and went “WHAT are you doing?” They both whipped their heads up, scapes hanging out of their mouths, and stared at me like that! “I didn’t do anything!” Haha

·
Registered
hobby goats
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awww, they are very handsome boys!! 🤩 Definitely look like trouble as well!
Thank you! They need a good brushing haha If I brush VERY slowly they will allow it, otherwise I end up chasing them through the yard just to brush them. They’re little weirdos and I love them :) Flower is the instigator lol

·
Registered
hobby goats
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Awww nice looking bucklings . Bucks will be Bucks. Full of energy, but lovers too. I really enjoy my boys. They are passive and sweet.so far. I want to keep them that way.
Thank you! I love the energy they have now. Compared to how they started out, I sit there and laugh until I cry watching their antics! Flower still gets a little too rough - Snow just kind of goes “oh whatever, never mind” and walks away lol

·
Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
2,150 Posts
They are Alpines!
My bet is that they are not full Alpine and have some Nigerian Dwarf and/or Pygmy mixed into them. Alpines can't be black or white, but NDs and Pygmies can! Either way, they are so cute and sound like awesome pets! 😁

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Thank you! They need a good brushing haha If I brush VERY slowly they will allow it, otherwise I end up chasing them through the yard just to brush them. They’re little weirdos and I love them :) Flower is the instigator lol
You're welcome! Haha! They sound like quite the chararcters! My goats love to be brushed - I'm sure they'll enjoy it soon!

·
Registered
hobby goats
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My bet is that they are not full Alpine and have some Nigerian Dwarf and/or Pygmy mixed into them. Alpines can't be black or white, but NDs and Pygmies can! Either way, they are so cute and sound like awesome pets! 😁
I didn’t know that about Alpines! I had to do a lot of searching and get some additional help in figuring out their breed. The people who had them first were like “I have no idea,” so that wasn’t helpful lol. Vet and I, and some other goat friends, kind of did it by process of elimination. We had the same suspicion they weren’t full Alpine but I was CLUELESS as to what else they could be. The herd had Nubians, Oberhasli, Alpine… The sizes of these gals and their bucklings were all over the place. A couple of them were really tall; Flower’s mom wasn’t huge. Her head came up to about just below or around my chest. Mind you… I’m 4’11” lol I’m grateful for the information!

·
Registered
hobby goats
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You're welcome! Haha! They sound like quite the chararcters! My goats love to be brushed - I'm sure they'll enjoy it soon!
They really are. I never knew goats could have such personalities! I call them “free spirits” because these guys hate being locked in. I literally have to get them in the housing and lock them in when it’s raining - they will stand out there and get drenched! They talk back to me - I swear, my neighbor laughs and says it sounds like we’re having a conversation haha

·
Registered
hobby goats
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:love: :love: :love: They look so healthy!
Ahhh! Thank you! It was hard work but man, with everyone’s advice here, I (really, WE) got these guys where they need to be! I love their fat bellies and that thick coat they have now!

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I didn’t know that about Alpines! I had to do a lot of searching and get some additional help in figuring out their breed. The people who had them first were like “I have no idea,” so that wasn’t helpful lol. Vet and I, and some other goat friends, kind of did it by process of elimination. We had the same suspicion they weren’t full Alpine but I was CLUELESS as to what else they could be. The herd had Nubians, Oberhasli, Alpine… The sizes of these gals and their bucklings were all over the place. A couple of them were really tall; Flower’s mom wasn’t huge. Her head came up to about just below or around my chest. Mind you… I’m 4’11” lol I’m grateful for the information!
You know what....Saanens are white and Nubians come in lots of colors....so really, they could be a mix of anything!! 😂😁 Did the farm you got them from have any small goats - knee high or even a little taller? How old are they and about how much do they weigh? Trying to figure out if they are full sized or if they have any mini breed mixed in them..... I know it doesn't really matter, but I hate not know the answers to something! 🙃😄

1 - 20 of 47 Posts