The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using fly spray, intended for horses, on my goats and it works great... But I am concerned about using insecticide on my milker!! Will it be absorbed into the milk?
I want to make them comfortable when they go out to the pasture.
Does anyone have homemade recipes to spray or rub on them?

Thanks!

·
I'm watching you
22,273 Posts
AVC is apple cider vinegar. It doesn't work on biting flies though. Mollies Herbals has a good product and Equisect is also herbal.

·
376 Posts
I bought the citronella/lemongrass fly spray from Hoeggers when they had their $1 shipping sale. (Now wondering if I can afford it if I need more and they don't have a shipping sale?! lol) It works good! Before that I was using Molly's Shoo-Fly spray mixed with ACV. It works too but I think I like the one I got from Hoeggers better. Plus I don't have to mix it up!
I was going to use the Bronco for horses on them or Farnam Fly Wipe, but like you, I didn't want to contaminate the milk with insecticides.

·
Registered
30,656 Posts
I used a stronger solutions of raw Apple Cider Vinegar...took a bowl of ACV and added just a little water, then dipped my rag in and wiped the donkey, ( they run from any sprayer)...no flies at all for three days..then they began to slowly come back...those little tiny biting flies were the worse..causing scabs on the legs and ears..didnt see any of them either..of course the raw ACV stinks to high heaven!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts