Fly Spray

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Makenna, May 28, 2020.

1. Makenna

Makenna New Member

Aug 16, 2019
    Canada
    I have 3 wethers and where I live, there are a lot of flies around that bother the goats. I was wondering if you can use horse fly spray or a DIY fly spray. Does anyone have a DIY fly spray recipe? Also, should you put it on them everyday in the spring/summer? (I don't want to mess up their natural skin oils/fur)

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  2. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki

We use a fly spray that is in the horse section and ours are fine. It usually lasts a few days on them. I also spray inside the barn at night too. It helps keep the stupid no seeums down during the time they are inside the barn for sleep. The spray we use is Nature’s Force. It is an organic spray. Spells nice too and also works on humans.

We got one spray and tried it on us and it burned my skin.... in the trash that one went. If it burns my skin i am not gonna put it on any of my animals.

3. 21goaties

21goaties Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Southern GA
    We use bronco gold fly spray but not every day.

Moers kiko boars and Makenna like this.
  4. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    I just recently perfected my formula.

For every 1 cup of water, 10 drops tea tree, 10 drops lavender, 5 drops rosemary, 10 drops geranium, 10 drops thyme. You can add fractionated coconut oil, just a small amount, to help it stick better.

5. NDinKY

NDinKY Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Kentucky
    I use UltraShield horse fly spray. It lasts a while and also takes care of lice. Seems to work better on the goats than it does on horses. TriTec is another one I like.

6. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    I use permithrin & water. I use a turkey baster and go down their backs and on their legs. No.lice, no mites, no fleas, no tics, no flies. I put it on in the heat of the day and they love how it helps cool them off.

goatblessings and Makenna like this.