The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just had twins born this morning. See birth announcements.

The girl has her ears folded at the tips. Will they straighten out on their own or is there something we need to be doing to get them straight?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I personally think the folded ears are adorable Andrew the cutest but some people just don't like them to be folded , I know people who don't like them will put duct tape on their ears
To flatten out the folds and creases

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
If it's attatched at the fold then you can rip it to correct it, then tape carboard on both sides of the ear and leave it there for a good long while. If it's not attatched much then pulling on the ear a few times a day will help correct it, or you can just do the cardboard and tape.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
I love folded ears I think it makes them look different and I like different. I was so against the rip the ear thing but after this last summer I am not letting folded ears stay. I spent all summer pulling foxtails out of my bottle babies ears. Never had a issue with the others but will never deal with that mess again......just something to consider ;)

·
14,615 Posts
What I do if there are folded ears, when ears are still wet from birthing is the best time to milk them down with your fingers.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
From my understanding you hold the ear with both hands and rip the part that is grown together....Pam aka tothboer is the one I heard of this from in another post she could probably explain better. I'm going to try nancyd idea first because.....well...I'm a chicken on some things :(

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The ears tips aren't stuck to the ear. it is like permanent press pants. The tip is creased and is folded up. I pulled the tips down and they went right back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts