The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Boer Lover 4 Life!
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does your school allow you to carry backpacks? I heard that my high school is not going to allow us to carry backpacks or binders next school year. I am not very happy with this rule because

1. I have an expensive graphing calculator. How am I supposed to carry it back and forth with me without it getting broke?
2. How am I supposed to carry pencils/pens/perosnal items?
3. Our passing periods are 4 minutes long. I have 2 classes on the 3rd floor that are not back to back and we don't have elevators. Grant it, my school is small, but when are we supposed to go to our lockers and get to class on time and go to the bathroom?

So, what does your school allow/not allow? What are your opinions?

·
goat girl x0x0
2,478 Posts
Firstly, I need to say a big WTF at that.

Not allowed backpacks? Are they NUTS?!
/how are you supposed to carry the equipment needed for class, plus personal items without a freakin' BAG?/

crazy US schools :crazy: no offence

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Well, my school allows backpacs & binders, BUT the last few weeks of school, starting Tuesday, this is my last full week then we have Monday & Tuesday, were not allowed to have backpacks of any kind or any big purses.
Because of all the bombing stuff & the loonytoons that wanna shoot up schools-_-

I know how you feel though because even with walking up three flights of stairs it's hard to manage around the kids that we have & still make it to class on time. (Remember I am not a kid to stand around & wait to be late. I go STRAIGHT to class) we have 6 min. Which IMO is not right. 8 is better.

I'm really sorry about this.
Where did you hear this? Maybe you misheard/read & they're talking about the last/first few weeks of school?

·
Member with a bahhh
2,472 Posts
While I'm no longer in school I did go to a school that had regulations on the size and shape of your backpack. The backpack had to be clear, no wheels allowed. Security guards were posted at every door. This school also took your fingerprints in order for you to get into the cafeteria. It was pretty crazy.

·
Boer Lover 4 Life!
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right with you Piccolo! Emilieanne, I heard this in my Spanish class. Then, I heard it in English. So, I personally asked my English teacher about it because I'm really close to her and she confirmed it. We have a crazy principal that makes dumb rules that nobody likes. Not even the teachers. I am wondering if it's because of school shootings. I so wish my passing period was 6 minutes long! That'd be awesome!! Xymenah, we have a no wheels rule too. I have heard about schools only allowing see through backpacks. I wouldn't mind that at all.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Right with you Piccolo! Emilieanne, I heard this in my Spanish class. Then, I heard it in English. So, I personally asked my English teacher about it because I'm really close to her and she confirmed it. We have a crazy principal that makes dumb rules that nobody likes. Not even the teachers. I am wondering if it's because of school shootings. I so wish my passing period was 6 minutes long! That'd be awesome!! Xymenah, we have a no wheels rule too. I have heard about schools only allowing see through backpacks. I wouldn't mind that at all.
Yeah
Well I gess you have nothing to do:/
But if you google in google images university high school orange city fl, you'll see how HUGE my school is. And we have hit max capacity for 2800 people!! So 6 ain't enough. At my old high school, Deland high, there's 20 buildings & portables but only 2 story an 2400 people we have 8 min.....

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had no idea kids carried backpacks all day. We didn't. And unlike schools today we actually had at least one textbook per class. Girls did carry purses. But we only had 4 mins in between classes even if you had gym or swimming. It may take some getting used to but it will work out.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I had no idea kids carried backpacks all day. We didn't. And unlike schools today we actually had at least one textbook per class. Girls did carry purses. But we only had 4 mins in between classes even if you had gym or swimming. It may take some getting used to but it will work out.
I have to carry mine.
You can't get a locker. Cause you usually get one that you only have 1 class in which is a complete inconvenience and a waist of time.
We have a textbook for every class BUT they have a class set of books then you have your set at home.

·
goat girl x0x0
2,478 Posts
I seriously can't get over how different school is over there, it sounds so much harder and more stressful.
My school (though it is a little different to others around) we have 4 periods per day, each 75 minutes long, and because there's only four it goes in a good pattern;
1st class, 15 minutes recess, 2nd class, 15 minutes recess, 3rd class, 1/2 hour lunch and then another class and home. No rushing around between classes :D

We also carry what ever kind of bag we want and only seniors (yr 11 & 12) get lockers, IF they want to pay to hire them for a year.

·
Registered
145 Posts
My school has a size limit on bags it has to fit under the desk. For "safety precautions" they said people might trip lol. But no bags at all?!? Not even binders?!? That's crazy!!! As we say at our school " thats _______ for ya!" ( fill in school name) lol

·
goat girl x0x0
2,478 Posts
whaaat?! Why does school start so early! It must be only just after sunrise when you get there in winter!!
We start at 8:30 and finish at 2:30!

·
Member with a bahhh
2,472 Posts
whaaat?! Why does school start so early! It must be only just after sunrise when you get there in winter!!
That's what time most of my schools did too. I've been to seven schools total, six before I went to home schooling in the 6th grade. I've moved allot so most of them are in different states.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Nope. Buses get there at 645. When it's PITCH BLACK outside.... I will be driving next year though & prolly get there at 7? (There's only one road into our school and one out so there's BAD traffic)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
My son is finishing up his freshman year and they are not allowed to have backpacks at his school. This especially sucks because there is a locker shortage so underclassmen don't get lockers. In the usual school "logic" they have "fixed" the issue of carrying books by having in-class books and not assigning homework! This may sound great, but try studying w/out books. His Social Studies grades have suffered all year.

They can have binders, BUT boys have to wear belts and keep their shirts tucked in because they aren't allowed to have anything in their pockets!

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
My son is finishing up his freshman year and they are not allowed to have backpacks at his school. This especially sucks because there is a locker shortage so underclassmen don't get lockers. In the usual school "logic" they have "fixed" the issue of carrying books by having in-class books and not assigning homework! This may sound great, but try studying w/out books. His Social Studies grades have suffered all year.

They can have binders, BUT boys have to wear belts and keep their shirts tucked in because they aren't allowed to have anything in their pockets!
What on earth are you suppose to do with your phone?
Set it on the desk & get in trouble? I'm finishing up my sophomore year (suppose to be freshmen!;P) and I know well that teachers try to give you a referral for anything & everything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Firstly, I need to say a big WTF at that.

Not allowed backpacks? Are they NUTS?!
/how are you supposed to carry the equipment needed for class, plus personal items without a freakin' BAG?/

crazy US schools :crazy: no offence
My school has never allowed us to carry a backpack, we are allowd purses but that's it. But I will say the not having a binder part is over doing it.

·
goat girl x0x0
2,478 Posts
If you're allowed purses but no backpacks... what do the boys carry?
I am serious flabbergasted at the weird rules over there!

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
If you're allowed purses but no backpacks... what do the boys carry?
I am serious flabbergasted at the weird rules over there!
Man bags & fanny packs!(;
Just like the guy in the hangover wears!!(; lol

Actually nothing. Most guys don't care until their senior year anyway.

We do have weird rules over here. But it's cause all the terrorists!!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts