For those who have used BioTracking

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by bheila, May 21, 2009.

1. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    I just got my test results saying my does are open. 1 doe Pepper, I was really questioning whether she was bred. The other doe Daisy has not come back into heat since she was with the buck. It's always very obvious when she comes into heat. I know that I read on here a while ago that Bio was wrong about someone else's tests too. Any thoughts?

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I have submitted probobly 50 tests with Biotracking this year and had one that was incorrect for pregnancy. But that was it. they are usually really good and accurate.

How many days post breeding would it have been? What was the value number?

3. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    Daisy should be about 3 months pregnant. I don't know the #'s. They forgot to send me the paperwork with all of the info when WADDL sent me theirs. I called the lab this morning and they told me over the phone. I didn't think to ask about the levels. This really sucks :( I don't want to breed the girls this time of year. I guess I'll have to wait another 6 months :shrug:

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    If she would be 3 months, I would be pretty certain that the test was accurate. If you really are questioning, draw another tube and send it in to them.

5. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    Daisy's the doe who I had to poke 10x's just to get 1cc from :sigh: From that 1cc they were able to test CAE/CL, Johnes and do a pregnancy test. That's a lot of test for a little serum :?

Another thing I was wondering about is false pregnancies. Would they come up as negative? Pepper's the one who's been arching her back and cleaning her teats a lot.

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Oh yah - they can do false pregnancy. I would try and send in just the preg test to biotracking directly to confirm negative preg test