The Goat Spot Forum banner

For those who show

934 views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  eqstrnathlete 
#1 ·
Here is the rules for an upcoming fair I am taking my goats to. This is my first time showing goats! Can u help me make out what is expected?

1. I do not see that the goats have to be registered. ( I am working on NOA reg for my girls)
2. Do the goats need a vet cert prior to the fair?

E. Exhibition Requirements for Goats (including exotic goats).
1. Intrastate (Missouri origin goats (including exotic goats) moving for exhibition only)
A. All goats (including exotic goats), regardless of age or gender, must be free of clinical signs of an infectious or contagious disease.
B. All goats (including exotic goats), regardless of age or gender, must be individually identified by an official scrapie identification as defined in
Title 9, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 79, published annually in January, herein incorporated by reference and made a part this rule, as published by the United States Superintendent of Documents, 732 N Capital Street NW, Washington, DC 20402-0001, phone: toll free (886) 512-1800, DC area (202) 512-1800, website: http//bookstore, gpo.gov, or any other means of permanent identification approved by the state veterinarian identifying them to the flock-of-origin and be listed on a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection. This rule does not incorporate amendments or additions.
C. No tests are required.

See less See more
#9 ·
That looks very similar to the requirement for our county fair shows, here it what I know about our requirements. Animals don't have to be registered, they have to be either purebred (100% of one breed) or pureblood (one parent 100% of one breed) if they are registered they have to have ear tattoos, if they are not registered they have to have scrapies tag in the ear. We don't have to have a vet cert. but they have to be free of any signs of illness or any open wounds. There is either an inspector or a vet that looks them over as they come in, if something is amiss they are turned away. I tried to call and get all this info from my 4-H leaders but the superintendent of the dairy showing at the fair is actually who finally told me all the rules. Luckily for me she and I have become pretty friendly and she told me to call any time with any questions. So I have a good mentor close by now I can turn to.

#10 ·
Don't overlook the end of section B " or any other means of permanent identification approved by the state veterinarian identifying them to the flock-of-origin and be listed on a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection."

Out of state goats are not allowed at this show. They will need a CVI.

#11 ·
Don't overlook the end of section B " or any other means of permanent identification approved by the state veterinarian identifying them to the flock-of-origin and be listed on a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection."

Out of state goats are not allowed at this show. They will need a CVI.
Out of state goats need a CVI? But not me since I am in state? Sorry so many q's but this is my first time!

#12 ·
E. Exhibition Requirements for Goats (including exotic goats).
1. Intrastate (Missouri origin goats (including exotic goats) moving for exhibition only)
This means all goats must live in the state of Missouri, no out of state goats will be allowed.
A. All goats (including exotic goats), regardless of age or gender, must be free of clinical signs of an infectious or contagious disease.
Goats must not be sick
B. All goats (including exotic goats), regardless of age or gender, must be individually identified by an official scrapie identification as defined in
Title 9, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 79, published annually in January, herein incorporated by reference and made a part this rule, as published by the United States Superintendent of Documents, 732 N Capital Street NW, Washington, DC 20402-0001, phone: toll free (886) 512-1800, DC area (202) 512-1800, website: http//bookstore, gpo.gov, or any other means of permanent identification approved by the state veterinarian identifying them to the flock-of-origin and be listed on a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection. This rule does not incorporate amendments or additions.
All goats must be identified to herd of origin. Must have a Scrapies tag or Registration tattoo and registration certificate. That number (scrapies or registration number) must be listed on their Certificate of veterinary inspection. They must have a health certificate.
C. No tests are required.
They are not requiring disease testing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.