Forever in my heart Liz.

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by sweetgoats, Aug 25, 2009.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Liz, it was two years ago today that I sat in the barn with you and you put your head in my lap. I new you were in pain and you really wanted to go on to greener pastures. I told you to go out side where it was cooler and just let go. Go on and be free of pain and frolic in the pasture and run and run free forever. She did just that and she laid down where she could see the other goats. She laid her head down and was gone in about 10 minutes.

I know it is not right to cry today for you but I do. I know you are so much better off and you are free. I just think about you every day and really cry on the anniversary of the day you went on. August 25th. Liz I will forever love you and you will NEVER EVER BE FORGOTTEN.

Liz, as you already know I got your Grand daughter Gracie Lou back to live with me. She is so you and has your adorable face.

My Liz lived with us for 5 years. She was given to us by a dear friend, and she was Grand Champion or reserve champion at every show we went to every year. She was 15 years old and had twins when she was14. We did not bred her the last year even thought she so wanted to be bred. She was always trying to get in with the bucks. She took on her grand kids and was like a mother to them. She died of bone cancer

[​IMG]

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That is so sad ...even if it was a while ago losing her.. :( ..it is always hard ...not seeing your loving goat there .....I know the feeling and when you think it is getting easier....then boom... it hits you... like a ton of bricks.....Liz..... was a beautiful girl........... remember the great memories .... you shared with her..... :hug: I do feel your pain.... :hug:

3. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Oh Lori.....they never leave our hearts or minds :hug: !

4. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Even though we lose them, they bring us such joy in the time we have them...

5. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    What a lovely lady. She brought tears to my eyes too.

6. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    oh what a nice memorial... :hug:

7. powderhooves

powderhooves New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    What a beautiful tribute to a dear friend. Blessings to you Lori from the Ridge.

8. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
  9. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    What a beautiful tribute to a well loved friend, no matter how many years pass, those that were special in our hearts still are in memory :hug:

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Thanks guys.

Am I weird? When I got home last night I sat at her grave and talked to her. I really felt like she new I was there.

I know this was just a goat but she really new how to pull at my heart. Those eyes were the best.

11. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    :tears:

When a 2 or 4 legged creature you hold dear leaves this world, it is only their body that is gone. I believe their spirit stays with you and when you take moments like you have to remember them, that's when you can still "feel" their presence.