The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Goat Feeder
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were out in the Wichita National Wildlife Refuge yesterday looking at the buffalo and other sites. Went to some of the lakes. At Lake Rush around dusk I found 5 roosters in a small tree someone had dumped. I just caught each one of them out of the tree. They are very docile. I have them at home now. Very nice roosters. 2 bantams, 2 Cornish, and a Barred Rock.

The two Cornish look ready to butcher. The two Bantams I am going to try to rehome.

I am going to keep the Barred Rock and I am picking up 4 Barred Rock pullets this afternoon.

GT

·
Super Moderator
58,939 Posts
I don't understand why people do that. Glad you were able to get them.

I don't understand why people don't just put their extra roosters in their own freezer instead of doing that. Or offer them for free to anyone.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I loved the barred rock. What an interesting find! I have seen a rooster on the side of the freeway before, kittens dumped in a field, dogs on the side of the road, and even an emu left a pasture next to an abandoned house. People can be so cruel! Glad you were able to take them in though. :)

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
people can be so cruel. good thing they were tame enough to be caught, and great on you to catch them!!

·
Registered
30,676 Posts
Someone dumped a rooster out here...it took a few days for him to make himself at home..he is a handsome guy and the hens love him..we named him Mooch lol..
He looks to be a Cubalaya...

·
I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
5,018 Posts
Wow, they are pretty!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts