Found a CRRAAAAZZZZYYY deal....Help!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by TinyHoovesRanch, Dec 18, 2010.

1. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Ok, so I know im obsessed, Im always talking to goat people!

So I emailed this person, because she had a registered goat for sale, cheap, and I always like to email and see how good the goatie is.

Found out shes a Lost Valley doe, her sire is
    lost valley LB Creed *S. I cant find him though.

And dam is
    ARMCH/GCH Lost Valley KW Shiraz 3*D/2*M AR2228
    Shes on the Lost Valley Website. http://www.lostvalleynigerians.com/MCH_ ... tml#shiraz

If anyone can find the sire, please let me know!

So im wonderng, if she would be worth buyin?

2. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    I looked at the dam and she is nice. How much do they want for the doeling??

3. TinyHoovesRanch

The doe is 3 years old.

Um they are selling her for.....$75....

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Do you know why she is selling her? I always am kind of skeptical if a nice animals is priced so low. Whatever you do make sure she is CAE/CL negative before buying. I've found if it sounds to good to be true it probably is. But if it is just one of those great deals then go for it...seems like a nice doe.

5. TinyHoovesRanch

First thing I asked was if she was CAE/CL negative, if shes clean, I will probably buy, I mean she cant be that bad right? Shes got some awesome parents, shes all black just like her sire

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    If they say she is clean ....and she was tested ...ask to see the paperwork....

Look for any limping.. swollen knee's....lumps... if they have no paperwork to show...if you are not sure if she is clean ask if you can test her....

Ask if ...she had kids and if she had issues... not enough milk... prolapsing...aborting... mastitis ect....
    If you can look her over... in person .......check her teat structure ...may be an issue.... look her over close.... they do have beautiful animals but... to sell her so cheap...it is like..."What's up"? Be careful.... :hug:

7. TinyHoovesRanch

Thanks! Im going to ask all those things! Im wondering if I should ask her if theres a reason, shes cheap?

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    You can say.... I see you have beautiful animals...may I ask why... you are selling her for $75?.... :greengrin:

9. TinyHoovesRanch

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW your good! lol

Thats exactly what im going to do....I wanted to ask but I didnt want her to raise the price hahaha

Wish me luck :)

10. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Good luck.... :thumb: :hi5:

11. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Yep, i'd do exactly what Pam said. It just seems like they would have paid good money for her...to just sell her for $75 seems like something might be up. Crossing my fingers though for ya girl!!

12. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    Like everyone else says, figure out if there is anything wrong with her. If there isn't, her dam is very nice and I would snatch her up in a heartbeat. It could just be someone who doesn't know what they have. You never know how animals end up where they do. Sometimes the circumstances and chain of events is so weird. Also, if there is something wrong...say they can't get her bred... it might just be that they are not doing things properly and you can be more successful with her. They might not be timing the breeding right, have a sterile buck, whatever....

I mean, I paid $50 for two very well papered girls from Pholia Farms and Piddlin Acres stock. One of them was simply very stunted because she wasn't fed right and is flourishing. The other didn't deliver healthy kids and had severely crooked legs because she had a severe selenium deficiency, but the owners didn't know any better. Her legs are nearly straight now with rehab and I have no doubt she will give me lively, healthy babies. If it was me I would probably take a chance unless they told me she had CAE or CL or something or an old injury that would prevent her from kidding, etc.

13. Bellafire Farm

Bellafire Farm New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    Remember, even the very best farms & breedings have dud's....a goat who was slightly deformed or just super small for some reason, extra teats, crooked legs, etc... it happens. So ask why so cheap??? just like I'm sure you're already gonna do. :wink:

Check CAE/CL, any other tests, Brucella, Johnes, etc??? Kidding issues???

She is VERY well bred...a very expensive doe if she's got her papers to prove it...so I am VERY skeptical about why $75 bucks? Even in the great depression, that's WAY LOW for that proven pedigree.

I'm VERY interested to know what you find out so PLEASE keep us posted! :type:

14. TinyHoovesRanch

Found out shes Sterile, they took her to the vet and she cant have babies :( thats such a shame, thats such a really nice goat!

Oh well....Like I need more goats LOL

15. Hidden Waters Farm

Hidden Waters Farm New Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine
    Well, at least you found out now, I wonder why they didnt state "Not for breeding" or "pet home only"

BTW, you can never have too many goats, However your goat buying funds may run out lol.

16. TinyHoovesRanch

Ya it never said anything about it....meh whatever im over it lol.

Your right....You can NEVER have too many hahaha try telling my parents that though!

I did say I wanted a goat for christmas....they werent too happy LOL

17. Hidden Waters Farm

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine
    My Mom wasnt thrilled about a goat for christmas either, It wouldnt be a surprise for me anyways as Im the goat person so I need to pick out the goat. She likes which ever one is small, cute or nicely marked. Which I suppose isnt all bad as we have 2 seperate herds, 1 being Americans and Purebreds for showing etc. and the other being Grade Experimental and Recorded Grade for pets and family milkers.

18. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Aww...that's to bad Laura. I thought it sounded to good to be true though. Hehe. ;) That's a shame such a nice doe is sterile. Why the heck did they post a pedigree and everything though? I think if she's sterile there is no need to keep the paperwork with her or advertise her with them??? Whatever...to each his own I guess.

19. Hidden Waters Farm

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine
    She would still be great for a 4-H member though, Not everyone breeds.

20. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Wow...sorry to hear she was sterile.... :( I am glad you checked..... :hug: