Found Goats in PA

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by whatknott, Oct 30, 2008.

1. whatknott

whatknott New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    A lady called me yesterday to see if I had any missing goats. There were 2 small goats walking up the road and her neighbor helped her capture them and she had them in a fenced area in her yard. quick did a check and everyone was accounted for. the lady lives about 2 miles away from us. She called the SPCA, and I suggested that she also call the local police. Told her if she needed help, let me know. Lady called again today - the one had jumped out of her fenced area and would I mind coming to get them. When I arrived, the neighbor (who I knew and has some sheep) said that she got a call from someone and there were 3 rams jogging down the road! They weren't hers. The lost goats are two young intact pygmy goats. One is dehorned and the other one has small horns; both seemed healthy. If the sheep were also males, I'm wondering if someone just can't take care of them and is just turning them loose??
    anyway, if anyone is close to me which is in Montgomery County, PA and is interested in one or two stinky male pygmy goats, please let me know.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    has anyone checked for any tattooing??

3. QotL

QotL New Member

May 27, 2008
    Maine
    You could also call the humane societies around and see if these guys have been reported missing. :)

4. whatknott

whatknott New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    these are grade quality goats - I'm sure there are no tattoos on them - plus I still think I smell "billy goat" on my hands from just capturing them. We don't have a humane society nearby- just the SPCA and they were reported.
    I have a feeling that someone just couldn't afford to take care of them any more and dumped them. There were also 3 ram sheep seen running down a road not far from where these were found.

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    maybe...... put an add in craigslist or the local paper or post bulletins around...spread the word............saying goats/sheep found put the street and town.......do not give a description on there sex or breed ect........If someones animals are missing they will definitely be looking for them and describe what they are missing......... :)

6. whatknott

whatknott New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I already posted them on craigslist twice.

7. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    I'm suspecting that they were dumped. An amish guy not far from me had 4 horses show up at his farm that someone had apparently turned loose. Very sad, the worse the economy gets the more that this type of thing will happen.